NEW Red Jacket AR-15

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    That's just it.... You didn't.

As I have already explained, and others have mentioned:

It is NOT what it appears to be at a glance. Will aganised and researched, as well as consulted many people over EVERY PIECE that went into this thing.
    -Now I know you are not the one who compared it to an M&P, but anything inline with that thinking shows the ignorance (Not anybody's fault, no need for you to know) Heck, as a confirmed 'AR hater' and not a shop worker I don't know what all finally went into the end product.

I DO know, that holding the finished product tempts me to get one (That's saying alot coming from me) and that what's in that rifle are:
    1. MOST of your purchase price (NOT a large profit margin)
    2. Nothing but the best in quality parts.

What makes this AR so special I guess is my question? Everyone has made it seem like there are proprietary parts that are better than anything else you can buy. Everyone knocked the M&P, etc. I am wanting to know what sets this rifle apart from other $1,000-$1200 rifles?

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    What makes this AR so special I guess is my question? Everyone has made it seem like there are proprietary parts that are better than anything else you can buy. Everyone knocked the M&P, etc. I am wanting to know what sets this rifle apart from other $1,000-$1200 rifles?

Reading Comprehension issues?

As has been said:
    Top quality parts, Custom Care in the build, and a lifetime 'it don't work we make it work' warranty.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville

A lifetime warranty for starters....

You really are a know-it-all aren't you?

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Not really, I'm not a dealer so it doesn't really matter. I never said I had a "problem" with their build, either. It's a solid rifle with a solid profit-margin for a local business. I just found it neat that I had thought of the same thing independently, of course, without the branded lower, and what I would guess are a few other minor differences.
    I'm still curious how you figure you spec'd the exact same rifle as they did, without having seen the specific component list for the RJF rifle. Or have you? I can't find it online.

Or do you mean you were first to the finish line in suggesting Magpul MOE furniture ? :D

HRBR1800

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    I need to start putting some money aside to get one of these. Doing my standard pre-purchase research on this gun leads me to believe I must have one.

What makes you say this? Do you currently have an AR-15? What other makes did you look at in coming to this conclusion? Have you handled a Red Jacket assembled firearm before?

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    I'm still curious how you figure you spec'd the exact same rifle as they did, without having seen the specific component list for the RJF rifle. Or have you? I can't find it online.

Or do you mean you were first to the finish line in suggesting Magpul MOE furniture ? :D
    right, so until we see this component list, the lifetime warranty is the only difference between this, and other similarly priced builds that I can see. That's what I'm asking. Why is this rifle better than my or any other similar build? It's not a tough, or trick question. It looks like a great build at a fair price, I just want to see what makes it stand out in the ar world.

Last edited:

Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    This thread is like one big argument for no reason either you buy the rifle or you don't. I don't understand all the elementary bull@#$&.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    This thread is like one big argument for no reason either you buy the rifle or you don't. I don't understand all the elementary bull@#$&.
    We don't know much about the rifle, and I want to know more. Is the barrel hammer forged? Who made the barrel? Who made or assembled the bcg? Did redjacket? I just have not seen the specifics and am curious. Has anyone handled one and verified proper staking on the gas key and castle nut, etc?

Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    Hell I don't know I thought you were the one who posted a build to the same specs?? Maybe you should have just asked that in the first place.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    right, so until we see this component list, the lifetime warranty is the only difference between this, and other similarly priced builds that I can see. That's what I'm asking. Why is this rifle better than my or any other similar build? It's not a tough, or trick question. It looks like a great build at a fair price,

But you see, unlike you (Who still KNOWS it's 'just like' the one you made BEFORE):squint:... I HAVE seen the components...
    (AND played with the finished product)
    I just want to see what makes it stand out in the ar world.
    If you actually listened earlier... (Rather than proclaiming to all the world you had done it first... when you don't even know what was done) you would know.

Hell I don't know I thought you were the one who posted a build to the same specs?? Maybe you should have just asked that in the first place.

He can't get his story straight.

Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    And for the record I'm no red jacket fan boy. I see some nice products on here and on tv occasionally but when it comes to ar's I'll likely never buy another complete rifle I enjoy the build process too much. I do see a nice product at a fair price. I would buy this over a smith, dpms, or bushmaster any day. I doubt Will would put his name and warranty on a shity product. I don't own anything red jacket mainly because of wait times and price for an ak im no huge ak fan and im just as satisfied with a wasr as any other im not scared to take a file to the rough edges and clean one up. And as far accuracy goes that not what my ak is for ill pick up my m1a for that ak's are just fun and cheap to shoot to me.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom