Paris Terrorist Attack

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    The Associated Press Verified account
    ‏@AP

BREAKING: Police: At least 26 dead in violence around Paris, hostage-taking in theater

MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish
    I don't have official reports... but an update

35 killed, near 100 hostages at the concert hall. Evac of the stadium has begun. (hopefully the attackers didn't anticipate that predictable move)

EDIT: Police report up to 60 killed.

All will be well, Obama is to speak soon.

Last edited:

MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish
    I think they have confirmed 7 separate locations and possibly attacks still underway. Police are assaulting the theater now due to hostage executions.

EDIT: Curfew in place for Paris. First time since 1940s

Last edited:

Slalom.45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I really hate to say it, but I HOPE this will wake people up here in the US about the need to control our border. My wife and I watched the "Death of Europe" video that was posted here a couple of days ago. Please tell me people are going to pay attention...

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Paris terror attack: What France's president told his country by Debbie Lord, Cox Media Group National Content Desk 15 minutes ago

France's president François Hollande spoke to his country late Friday, following the devasting terror attacks in their country.

Here is his address:

My dear compatriots,

As I speak, terrorist attacks of unprecedented proportions are under way in the Paris area. There are dozens killed, there are many injured. It is a horror.

We have, on my decision, mobilised all forces possible to neutralise the terrorists and make all concerned areas safe. I have also asked for military reinforcements. They are currently in the Paris area, to ensure that no new attack can take place. I have also called a cabinet meeting that will be held in a few minutes.

Two decisions will be taken: a state of emergency will be declared, which means that some places will be closed, traffic may be banned and there will also be searches which may be decided throughout Ile de France (greater Paris). The state of emergency will be proclaimed throughout the territory (of France).

The second decision I have made is to close the borders. We must ensure that no one enters to commit any crimes and that those who have committed the crimes that we have unfortunately seen can also be arrested if they should leave the territory.

This is a terrible ordeal which once again assails us. We know where it comes from, who these criminals are, who these terrorists are.

In these difficult moments, we must - and I’m thinking of the many victims, their families and the injured - show compassion and solidarity. But we must also show unity and calm.

Faced with terror, France must be strong, it must be great and the state authorities must be firm. We will be.

We must also call on everyone to be responsible.

What the terrorists want is to scare us and fill us with dread. There is indeed reason to be afraid. There is dread, but in the face of this dread, there is a nation that knows how to defend itself, that knows how to mobilise its forces and, once again, will defeat the terrorists.

French citizens, we have not completed the operations. There are still some that are extremely difficult. It’s at this moment that the security forces are staging an assault, especially in a place in Paris.

I ask you to keep all your trust in what we can do with the security forces to protect our nation from terrorist acts.

Long live the Republic and long live France.

tallwalker

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA
    France, like other European countries have in fact sectors of their countries and towns that are "muslim only" areas. They operate under sheria law, have borders, and do not allow outside law enforcement or govt. officials. It baffles me how stupid a mentality it requires to ignore people who say outright and demonstrate that they mean to kill you. If you think that it could never happen here, you are fooling yourself given the direction we are headed.

kibb

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    Lafayette, La
    Report: 18 killed in shootings in Paris - CNN.com

I was just talking to a coworker about that last week. I was wondering what kind of screening they go through by our immigration service. We supposedly got 10,000 split between Lafayette, Baton Rouge, and New Orleans last week.

Top Bottom