Paris Terrorist Attack

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    149 verified dead victims and 5 gunmen taken down. FWIW.... I'm guessing most of the gunmen were French national citizens who are offspring of refugees who immigrated to Europe 20 years.
    They probably spent some time training in Syria.
    News reports said over 1000 French nationals went to fight in Syria and 250 are known to have returned to France in the last year.
    It was a well organized attack with 7 simultaneous targets hit about the same time which stretched first responders very thin.
    By the way... One first hand witness who escaped the concert said that the 2 gunmen were young... @ 20 years old.
    They were also speaking in French... Fluent French.
    They just stood at back of concert hall shooting into a crowd of about 1000 people. Shooting and reloading for over 15 minutes according to the witness who said he laid on the floor. When they were both reloading... He fled out the back behind the stage.

Last edited:

some_goat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baker/Central area
    France, like other European countries have in fact sectors of their countries and towns that are "muslim only" areas. They operate under sheria law, have borders, and do not allow outside law enforcement or govt. officials. It baffles me how stupid a mentality it requires to ignore people who say outright and demonstrate that they mean to kill you. If you think that it could never happen here, you are fooling yourself given the direction we are headed.

Sadly I don't think anybody will think of that since this happened, cause I know, it's a peaceful Community

MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish
    To those wondering if this will wake them up, Well this didn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1_MFgzNj5Y

The fact that reports indicate most begged instead of fought yet again, makes me think they are past the ability to be awaken. Sad to say/think, and maybe a bit too critical too soon, but call it like you see it.

- - - Updated - - -

Is it still on going or are all attackers down?

5 are confirmed dead, but I think its clear there were many more than 5 involved. Its safe to say more remain at large.

Trailboss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Norwood LA
    This is part of the rest of the world Obama wants us to emulate with strict gun ownership regulations. How's that working out for them now? Think of all the people who have been saved because of the prohibitions. Just think what could have happened if someone had a CCW at one of the restaurants.

I do feel for the victims and their families.

notasheeple

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    Indeed, they are coming into The Big Easy. Fox8 has a blurb and a video here.

I couldn't get the link to open but I did share this with friends earlier in the week:

http://www.wwl.com/pages/22148535.php?contentType=4&contentId=18050836

Refugees migrating from Syria and Afghanistan have begun to arrive in the New Orleans area.

Catholic Charities, which is part of the Archidiocese of New Orleans has taken in two Syrian refugee families and is expecting many more.

There are approximately 180 cities in the country that are eligible to accept some 10,000 Syrian refugees. In Louisiana, those cities include Metairie, Baton Rouge and Lafayette.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Anyone taking any extra precautions? I risk of a terrorist attack that is linked to Paris happening here is low. But who knows. Avoiding crowded places? Football games? Carrying larger guns, topping off spare mags?

Hermit

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 27, 2007
    Ascension
    152653_600.jpg

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    Anyone taking any extra precautions? I risk of a terrorist attack that is linked to Paris happening here is low. But who knows. Avoiding crowded places? Football games? Carrying larger guns, topping off spare mags?

I've been WAY to relaxed lately with my carry guns. I always carry, but lately I've been carrying for comfort and maybe not enough gun. I read somewhere, "carry for 'comfort', not to be comfortable".... I'll be reevaluating things now. I still always try to stay away from crowds and try to be aware of surroundings as best I can in everyday life.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I couldn't get the link to open but I did share this with friends earlier in the week:

http://www.wwl.com/pages/22148535.php?contentType=4&contentId=18050836

Refugees migrating from Syria and Afghanistan have begun to arrive in the New Orleans area.

Catholic Charities, which is part of the Archidiocese of New Orleans has taken in two Syrian refugee families and is expecting many more.

There are approximately 180 cities in the country that are eligible to accept some 10,000 Syrian refugees. In Louisiana, those cities include Metairie, Baton Rouge and Lafayette.

I'm feeling safer already, I know Uncle Sam always does what is best for the American people!

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    I am going to start carrying my HK P30 again and have an extra mag as well. Any pocket carry, for the walk to the store, will be the Walther PPS .40 from now on.

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    A damn shame to hear this. I am going to keep the people of Paris and France in my prayers. I am interested to see how the POTUS will respond to this attack. I expect more of the same unfortunately. Too many people around the world are blind to the threat of Islamic terrorism, hell our liberal elected officials won't even call it that. I won't be surprised to see these types of attacks in the UK, US, and other EU nations in the next year.

MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish
    A damn shame to hear this. I am going to keep the people of Paris and France in my prayers. I am interested to see how the POTUS will respond to this attack. I expect more of the same unfortunately. Too many people around the world are blind to the threat of Islamic terrorism, hell our liberal elected officials won't even call it that. I won't be surprised to see these types of attacks in the UK, US, and other EU nations in the next year.

Well, Kerry's speech is typical of the admins agenda.

Bkjsdc09

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Hammond
    Would not this be The Perfect Storm if this happened here lets say right before the presidential elections?

I was just thinking the same thing myself. What if the new surge in liberal gun grabbing is yet another attempt to disarm us, so that a mass immigration would make us vulnerable like the many EU nations? Thus, creating a national "emergency", right around election time, allowing our muslim traitor POTUS to declare martial law and remain in office. Just sayin...

Top Bottom