Response in Classifieds.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Strick8

Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Jan 16, 2018
    Hammond, LA
    I don’t know everyone’s schedule, so I don’t expect immediate replies. I don’t consider myself or others “retailers”, rather individuals with the same hobby, specifically guns. Proper response time is subjective and governed by individual circumstances. Respond within a day, or I’ll assume no interest. However I do consider some sort of response at some point the right thing to do.

What I don’t like is, “I’m interested in your gun, but I can get it online for...” No one knows what I have in my gun and what I’d like to get back on it. I’ve bought poorly at times. If I see a gun I want but it’s on the high end I’ll pass by and move on.

I don’t feel bound to sell it to anyone other than the guy who offers what I’m asking and will travel. If you can get it cheaper online, by all means. If I can’t sell mine I’ll lower price or keep it.

For fun, some things that make me chuckle:

- For “sell”
    - 500$
    - Brand new, only 100 rounds through it
    - “I don’t want your junk...”, “no trades so don’t ask...” BE FRIENDLY
    - stories on why someone is selling his gun, ammo, etc., unless asked. “My wife is making me sell, so we can get a new couch...”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    One of the comments we get is how happy people are that we can do same day turnaround on work. We generally work with appointments and rarely have people waiting around for theirs. That seems to get us a lot of positive feedback in today's Amazon Prime attitude days.

This seems to be the same trend on this thread. We get so accustomed to the immediate feedback loop that we expect it in every aspect of the day. Hard to break the loop too.

We even offer as a tongue in cheek "Amazon Prime jump the line" fee of $50.00 for us to drop whatever project we are on and work on the customers guns immediately. So far no one has taken it, lol

Trailboss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Norwood LA
    Believe it or not, but some of us don't even look at this cr@p on our phones...

Yeah, This.

The only browsers I use are on my laptop and desktop. Even texting on a smartphone is major time-consuming pain that I rarely have time or patience for. Even tho I'm retired and on my property most of the time, it may be quite a while before I come in the house and sit in front of the computer, log into BS and respond to a PM. I believe 24-36 hours is a good time to expect a response.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Dang Motor, that’s aggravating. They’d just have to ban me as well before I bend that far. I try to be as patient and understanding as possible regardless who’s selling but I have my limits like everyone else.

And me being the nice guy I am I offered to PayPal him the $20 difference in my price and an online price so he could get a brand new one. Wasn’t good enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Not mad, but when you post in the classifieds you should be able to respond in a timely manner.

40 minutes isn't a long time when you think about it. Some people are old school and don't carry a phone with them everywhere, nor do they let it live their life. Heck, some people only get on here on a computer. And if you're not sitting at a computer all day every day, you don't think about it.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    40 minutes isn't a long time when you think about it. Some people are old school and don't carry a phone with them everywhere, nor do they let it live their life. Heck, some people only get on here on a computer. And if you're not sitting at a computer all day every day, you don't think about it.

If you are selling something you should probably think about it. I believe that’s the point of JBPs thread. If you’re not one of those who check regularly then post times when you are available.

davidd

Expert in the field of wife avoidance
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    If you are selling something you should probably think about it. I believe that’s the point of JBPs thread. If you’re not one of those who check regularly then post times when you are available.

Even though I do not follow any forum on my phone, I do agree with this from the perspective of providing good customer service. When I first post a sell add, I do try to follow up throughout that first day as much as possible. Minutes? Probably not. A few hours? Yeah, I'd probably see it and reply by then.

After that first day, you might wait a little bit for a reply.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

I get on here mostly to post up my intellectual value, Which is mostly in the red....

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    I get raging mad and shoot holes in the drywall with my AR if I do not get a response in 15 minutes or less! You can’t say I missed if I was aiming for the wall! Do not post anything for sale if you are not willing to let Skynet take over your life!
    Hail Hydra!

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    86   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    40 minutes? Seriously?! This is one of the most ridiculous post/complaints I've ever seen on here.

Perhaps we should have two separate classified sections. One for clueless, entitled jerks who think 40 minutes is too long to wait for a response. And another one for people who live in the real world.

hoopstar789

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Sep 15, 2017
    Slidell LA
    You're complaining about 40 minutes? Entitled much?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Exactly, God forbid someone is working, having a family emergency, sleeping, or you know just having a life. Honestly if you're the type of person who gets bent out of shape over minutes I wouldn't sell to them anyway.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Hell 40 minutes even on a Saturday morning when I’m home drinking coffee isn’t always possible. With 3 year old twin boys and a wife I can think of several instances on a daily basis where I’m tied up for at least that long.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    They used to have an app to let you know when they had hot donuts.... When I was in sales... Yes I had that app... High light of my mornings.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Metairie is close enough for the NOPD boys. Gotta get um hot and fresh somewhere. Ever wonder why you see a NOPD unit flying through Metairie with lights on? Now you know why.

All jokes aside, I know a NOPD Sarge who lives in Metairie close to the KKD. He sometimes stops there in his take home unit on the way to work or on the way home. Technically he is 10-7(off duty) at that time.

Top Bottom