Sandy Hook School shooting thread

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rm105629

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2011
    Houston
    Only the most cowardly scumbags go after children. Seriously.

I hope this isn't the incident that finally pushes a renewed AWB into feasibility. Reading the comments on news sites is mind numbing because most people somehow blame the NRA, gun owners, etc. Can't we just hold people personally accountable anymore? Or at least address the fact that this guy was deranged and would've probably done this by any means necessary?

I wish everyone would focus on what should be focused on. Keeping the victims and their families in their thoughts and prayers.

Last edited:

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    Today isn't about gun control, or politics.

Today is about grief of losing so many people senselessly to a depraved murderer. Today is about anger that someone took it upon themselves to bring horror into an elementary school.

My prayers, and tears go out to the famlies and first responders.

~Cat

X2.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Some one told me they just found a female victim at his home too, now. Possibly his mom! Any confirmation of that?

I heard one report that says he killed his father in NJ, and that his mother worked at the school in CT....

So much info swirling around right now, there's no telling what's right..... :dunno:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    We should say prayers also for the Emergency Services handling this situation.

I can't imagine seeing so many dead and injured children from the school to the Hospitals etc.

It's going to effect a lot of people. Not just family members.

Armnhammer

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Walker/Denham
    The rifle was in the car but they keep saying the AR bushmaster .223 assault weapon. One reporter said he had to use the AR and return it to his car before going back in and shooting himself.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    You know, it kind of chaps my a$$ seeing some of these reporters sticking microphones in the faces of children who witnessed this....those poor little ones are surely very confused right now...they should leave them alone.

Just my .02

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    You know, it kind of chaps my a$$ seeing some of these reporters sticking microphones in the faces of children who witnessed this....those poor little ones are surely very confused right now...they should leave them alone.

Just my .02

Sensitivity, civility, and empathy is for other folks! Parasites feed with indifference!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    The shooter, identified as 24-year-old Ryan Lanza, lived in Hoboken, N.J., and had ties to Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn. He was found dead inside the school, according to officials.

A source told Fox News that Lanza's mother and father, who were divorced, were also killed. It's not clear whether Lanza's mother, a teacher at the school, was killed there or at another location.

Police are also questioning another person in connection with the shooting. Witnesses told the Connecticut Post that a handcuffed man, dressed in camouflage, was led out of a nearby woods by officers. The individual is Lanza's younger brother, according to the Associated Press.

Damn!

Braud05

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Gonzales
    Ironic how this coincides with the UN small arms treaty. Praying hard for the victims today!! I think that CC should be allowed at all schools.

cajun_64

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 22, 2012
    Abbeville
    Today isn't about gun control, or politics.

Today is about grief of losing so many people senselessly to a depraved murderer. Today is about anger that someone took it upon themselves to bring horror into an elementary school.

My prayers, and tears go out to the famlies and first responders.

~Cat

Couldn't have said it better

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    He also supposedly had to be buzzed into the school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's not anything unusual. I used to visit my MIL in her school. Parents come through at my son's to drop snacks and stuff off.

Small schools, which this one was, are more open because you do tend to know coworkers family and after one or two older kids, the staff recognizes parents.

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    No doubt that anti gun talk is just around the corner if it's not already here. I don't give two shits about anti gun laws...they don't work. BUT...that's not the main issue here...at least for me. Protecting children is. My child,my sibling's children,my friends children and just children in general. Not saying that this trajedy would be lesser if no kids were killed...a killing is a killing. However,children were murdered. Some of whom are my son's age (5). I can't tell you how much I sobbed about this and couldn't wait to pick up my son from school today.

We need more security in our schools and I don't care how elaborate or inconvenient it may be...I can deal with it knowing my child will be safe. I'm actually running out of words writing this reply because I'm still so overwhelmed by all this. I think that teachers and school staff should be properly armed and trained and I think they should be able to choose if they want that option. Metal detectors,security guards,bio scans,whatever it takes. Schools are targets,just like malls,movie theaters and fast food restaurants. We live in this society now that we have to take extreme caution in going about our daily duties. Sad but true...it's time to wake up!

I still advocate condition yellow but sometimes I feel like going orange...if you know what I mean.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom