Sandy Hook School shooting thread

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    I'm reading the same things over and over with a sick compulsion. Knowing nothing more except further heartbreak is coming from this for now.

I'm getting my daughter from Physical therapy, going to Walmart for family movies and we're shutting the rest of the world out tonight. Tomorrow as well. It might be a Hobbit day tomorrow. Family Christmas shopping.

Born4spd

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Baton Rouge and Killian/Springfield
    My heart goes out to those poor kids and their families.That age should be a time of happiness and innocence. The only monsters they should know of are imaginary and live under the bed or in the closet...:/

Our Kids are our greatest treasures, they should be guarded closely.
    Stay Vigilant.

BenCarp27

I feel like an old man...
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    New Orleans Area, Southshore
    This is a horrible tragedy and my prayers go out to the victims and their families, as well as the investigators and first responders.
    Fox just reported that the victims will not be removed until a complete overview of the crime scene has taken place. I can't imagine, in a small town where everyone knows everyone, having to walk through the doors on this one and see the aftermath.
    As far as gun control: magazine restrictions and assault weapon bans were over the horizon anyway. Focusing on how this affects gun control laws at this point is just heartless, in my opinion. Right now, I think, is a time for prayer and understanding.
    I can't imagine losing one of my girls, right before Christmas, with all of the gifts we have purchased hiding around the house. My thoughts are with the parents of these children.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    We were thinking the same thing Ben.

How many presents under the tree and around the house will be left unopened Christmas Day. ..... breaks my heart :(

Lowbrow

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 22, 2012
    New Orleans
    - It's very disconcerting to that these types of incidents have been happening lately. I wonder why they seem to have increased. It's not due to the availability of firearms; they've always been available in this country. In fact, they're less readily availablenow , in some ways, when compared to half a century ago.

- "They" won't let this go to waste - like Rahm Emanuel once said, *You don’t ever want a crisis to go to waste; it’s an opportunity to do important things that you would otherwise avoid.*

- It has crossed my mind that maybe, just maybe, it might be a good time to stock up. On everything. Because one day things we now take for granted will be difficult, impossible, or illegal to purchase.

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    We have a young white male problem not a gun problem. That is the common link in almost all of these types of shootings.

headspace

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Hammond
    God bless the victims and the families of this terrible tragedy !!! Also God bless the Rescue, First Responders, Leo's who have to witness this.....!!! Get ready for the crap storm from the WHITE HOUSE, monkey boy and his barrel of friends are gonna try getting our rights and guns for sure !!!!!
    yep. I can feel that protective noose tightening around my neck already.

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    We have a young male problem. The white males have been more likely to kill a bunch of people in some crazy situation, and the black/Latino males are more likely to kill each other over drugs. Either way, young males are killing people.

My heart breaks for all those kids and their families.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Everything about what happened is just messed up and disgusting. The shooter had a history of mental illness according to his brother, btw.

BenCarp27

I feel like an old man...
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    New Orleans Area, Southshore
    Everything about what happened is just messed up and disgusting. The shooter had a history of mental illness according to his brother, btw.

I think the biggest problem we have is a gap in the mental health care system in this country. Every single one of these tragedies have one thing in common: An individual with a history of mental illness.

Anyone here that knows me knows I'm a huge opponent of gun control efforts. The reality is assault weapon bans aren't going to work. Magazine restrictions aren't going to work. The only group these laws affect are the law abiding citizens that pose no threaat. I do think, and I know I'm going to take flak for this, that restricting access to individuals with diagnosis histories of violent/psychotic illnesses will help to stop these attacks. A system that parts with the, "Everyone is good at heart and can be healed" philosophy, and recognizes that some individuals are capable of commiting such acts of violence, is going to benefit all of us. We need a system that teaches society to be aware of these individuals. Right now, we simply ignore them until they commit acts like these.

dwhess504

Broke Joke
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 7, 2011
    Ponchatoula, La
    So Today while working and watching fox the number of names of guns listed you would think the idiot had an arsenal.

Sig Sauer 9mm , Glock 10mm , .223 , M22, M4, Glock, Military style rifle

They were all "semi-Automatic" with "High capacity magazines" capable of "rapid fire" and "easily reloaded"

This event is Tragic enough without the media Sensationalizing it!!!!

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    http://youtu.be/I2RPqxcl6dk

This is the response we all need to have right now. Don't politicize this. Just mourn for the families and everyone else involved. Truly horrific.

Note: some bad language in the video (first time he's ever gotten like that that I've ever seen).

Last edited:

10November1775

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    I think the biggest problem we have is a gap in the mental health care system in this country. Every single one of these tragedies have one thing in common: An individual with a history of mental illness.

Anyone here that knows me knows I'm a huge opponent of gun control efforts. The reality is assault weapon bans aren't going to work. Magazine restrictions aren't going to work. The only group these laws affect are the law abiding citizens that pose no threaat. I do think, and I know I'm going to take flak for this, that restricting access to individuals with diagnosis histories of violent/psychotic illnesses will help to stop these attacks. A system that parts with the, "Everyone is good at heart and can be healed" philosophy, and recognizes that some individuals are capable of commiting such acts of violence, is going to benefit all of us. We need a system that teaches society to be aware of these individuals. Right now, we simply ignore them until they commit acts like these.

Exactly! We need to address the problem at the source. Then the resulting debates would not be necessary.

2011Corvette

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    Louisiana Swamp (BR)
    It is a shame that they take prayer out of school but when things like this happen they turn to pray.
    Makes you wonder why no one can have prayer in school every day.

This young man was no doubt unstable. My prayers go out to him and his family as well as the victims
    Everyone suffers from this type of situation.

Top Bottom