Sen. Sessions: 'Deliberate Plan by President' to Collapse U.S. Law Enforcement System

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Other than physically closing the border (which for a variety of reasons isn't going to happen, at least in our lifetimes), I'm not sure how you solve the biggest issue in all of this.

But maybe the first baby step towards fixing the "immigration issue" is to stop calling it that. The people I have a problem with are not "immigrating"- they are coming into this country illegally- which SHOULD make them fugitives in our country, not "guests". :mad:

Covering a turd with milk chocolate won't make it a candy bar- no matter how many coats you apply.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    Thanks for the discussion, VG. That is a well reasoned, comprehensive plan. We are not in agreement on every point, but that is as good an approach as I have heard. Shame it will never see the light of day.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    More than an observation of our descent.

Just found it interesting that you don't care about lawbreaking, as long as it isn't one of "your laws."

If someone is here "illegally" and that is the only crime they're perpetrating, it's my understanding that INS isn't throwing them out the country.

JR1572

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Thanks for the discussion, VG. That is a well reasoned, comprehensive plan. We are not in agreement on every point, but that is as good an approach as I have heard. Shame it will never see the light of day.

It causes people to shoulder their share of the burden. That's strychnine for politicians.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Covering a turd with milk chocolate won't make it a candy bar- no matter how many coats you apply.

Convince phony democrats and the phony lemmings that follow, of that! Their noses are so close to the democratic party ass they can't smell the **** that lurks underneath.

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Convince phony democrats and the phony lemmings that follow, of that! Their noses are so close to the democratic party ass they can't smell the **** that lurks underneath.

Ha- if only I could. I'd invite you all to Vegas. :dogkeke:

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    You propose a plan for sealing the border using troops. Do the ,math on the total number of troops it would take. Not only would it require
    AT LEAST tripling the size of the ENTIRE US Military, but feeding, housing, fueling, and training those troops would break the bank. There is also some pretty dismal historical precedent to look at. East Germany was a small country. It used its military and a massive security service to close its border, people still crossed at will. The terrain in Central Europe makes policing borders childs play compared to the Southwest US. You also have to consider the US Military's own experience with securing borders. We are terrible at it. Ask any Vietnam, Iraq, or Afghanistan Vet how secure those borders were. Historically I think you will be hard pressed to find a single secured border anywhere in the world. North Korea is one of the most repressive regimes on earth. The DMZ is the most heavily mined, wired, and guarded real estate in the world. It's only 4km wide and 120km's long. It's not secure. North Koreans defect with regularity by crossing it and The North Korean Military constantly tunnels under it.

You also have to consider the motivation of the people crossing the US/Mexican Border. The bulk of the crosser's fit in one of two categories; Poor People seeking a better way of life and drug smugglers. Poverty is a mother ****er, abject poverty is abjectly so. I'd cross any border on earth to feed my family and I bet most of you here would do the same. People that fall into this category for a huge segment of the American Service Economy. Love it or hate it its the truth. The low wage earning immigrant is the foundation of that segment of the American Economy and is as vital today as when it was the Irish and Chinese building our railroads. They have those jobs because no one else wants them. And the money they spend here matters. Yes they are a drain on Social Services but that's a big part of what Immigration Reform needs to include.

The second category; Narco-Traffickers and the Transnational Groups that sponsor them are motivated by a Multi-Billion Dollar Market. Good luck stopping that. When there is that much money to be made people will find a way. We could certainly do a better job but you won't ever stop that flow no matter how many troops you use or how high the wall you build is.

If reform is going to consist of keep'em out and send'em home we might as well not try. I wish we could have an illegal emigrant don't go to work month in this country. I think that's what it would take for people to realize the scope of the issue. I can promise you this you won't be eating out or building anything and the cost of produce will sky-rocket.

I agree with everything you say. At the same time...I am willing to guess that most of the big volume in drugs smuggled into the USA enter through shipping containers. I saw on the news...Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman...the Sinaloa Cartel's "numero uno" had his main distribution set up in Chicago....Simply because Chicago has the best infrastructure for his distribution network. Tons of railroad and interstate highways....it was the perfect hub.

So...the Mexican Cartel took over Chicago for the same reasons Al Capone took over Chicago 80 years ago. Its just the perfect distribution hub. And FWIW....with so many thousands of containers entering the US every day....It is absolutely impossible to check even 5% of the containers......probably impossible to check 1% for that matter. Like I said...Its a hopeless battle.

http://www.businessinsider.com/sinaloa-cartel-runs-the-chicago-drug-game-2013-9

Last edited:

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman, the kingpin of the Sinaloa Cartel, owns the Chicago-area drug game.
    Sinaloa members have embedded themselves in the city's robust Hispanic population, employing tens of thousands of local gang members to push all kinds of drugs in the streets.

And Illinois' highways allow for distribution across the Midwest, making it a hub for North America's staggering meth problem.

A new report by John Lippert, Nacha Cattan, and Mario Parker of Bloomberg details just how dominant El Chapo has become:

"Operating from heavily guarded compounds in the Sierra Madre of northern Mexico, Guzman’s Sinaloa cartel supplies 80 percent of the heroin, cocaine, marijuana and methamphetamine — with a street value of $3 billion — that floods the Chicago region each year, the DEA says."

In February El Chapo, now in his late fifties, became Chicago's first Public Enemy No.1 since Al Capone in 1929.

In 2006 Guzman said that he wanted to make the city his *home port,* and authorities say he has done just that.

*We had freelance distributors in Chicago before,* Art Bilek, a retired detective who’s executive vice president of the Chicago Crime Commission, told Bloomberg. *Guzman has taken them over one by one. He centralized everything — the shipping, warehousing and distribution of drugs, and the collection and transport of money back to Mexico.*

As to how a man from a small mountain village in Mexico became the pusherman for America’s third-largest city, there are allegations that the Sinaloa cartel works with the U.S. government.

Jesus Vicente Zambada-Niebla, the Sinaloa cartel’s *logistics coordinator* and son of a principal Sinaloa leader, asserted in court documents that Guzman is a U.S. informant and Sinaloa was "given carte blanche to continue to smuggle tons of illicit drugs into Chicago."

Niebla also alleged that Operation Fast and Furious was part of an agreement to finance and arm the cartel in exchange for information used to take down its rivals.

A Mexican foreign service officer made similar claims to the private security firm Stratfor, according to leaked emails. And a former Sinaloa member told a similar story about Sinaloa working with law enforcement to Aram Roston of Newsweek.

In any case, Guzman is on top of the drug world.

*They’re the pre-eminent organized crime group in the world today,* Nick Roti, head of anti-gang enforcement for the Chicago Police Department, told Bloomberg. *They have almost unlimited resources.*

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/sinaloa-cartel-runs-the-chicago-drug-game-2013-9#ixzz2z07KY1UA

LNSvince

Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    May 10, 2011
    Denham springs
    This is/was an EXCELLENT read.
    We have some really smart people here. This is the perfect example of how "discussions" are to take place.
    Different and valid ideas that come together to solve multiple tiered problems.

However this "Problem" has become too big to fix if you ask me.
    One Idea will hurt someone's pocketbook, just like the next solution will hurt another's pocketbook.

and until it all collapses and we are forced to hit rock bottom, will it ever get fixed?

This is the root of the problem with the politicians and MONEY that stand to loose something:
    When I am dead, I don't care what happens to this world!

Last edited:

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    The main reason the birth rate is down, is NOT b/c kids are expensive(exclusively)

It's b/c people today or more selfish than they ever have been before in the US.
    Everything is all tailored to be about ME! ME! ME!
    The selfishness entitlement is absolutely incredible.

It's rare to find the young couple willing to give up,
    4-wheelers, Boats, Jet-skis, TWO new Vehicles, two Gym Memberships,
    new everything...etc.etc.etc.

I know many of them and have talked about this with them.
    AT BEST they considering having JUST ONE so that their lifestyle isn't too harmed.

Then they end up raising a spoiled brat single kid that has no clue what struggle is....ever,
    or the many other lessons in life that comes with having siblings to grow up with.

Selfishness...is the driving factor behind the drop in birth rate. Not the Economy.
    The unwillingness to give up all the NEW everything in order to raise the next generation.

Ouch. That truth burns a little. :flamed:

GunAddict

constitutionalist
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    North Monroe, La. area
    Fred, you beat me to it..:p I was just gonna mention that, it is about 5,500 miles long and our coast to coast is about 3,000 miles.
    A ship can only hold so many before it sinks. Just ask all the cubans that try and cross over to here. And we are sinking fast.

The Key Master

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2013
    Gretna, LA
    Good Morning. I am no expert on this but it's not completely hopeless. As most agree the country needs an Administration willing to work or confront the problem I have had the pleasure of speaking to a few "old hands" with U.S. Border Patrol (as it was once known) and was advised that President Truman had deported a number of "illegal" aliens for returning World War II veterans. President Eisenhower had devised a plan and yes it was unofficially called "OPERATION WETBACK" Please be advised I do not wish to offend to any members. His administration had deported a very large number of "illegal" aliens to provide work for returning veterans at that time. And yes if you Google "Operation Wetback" it gives a lot of info. Not sure how correct it is.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    I think what your reading is fake. I could be wrong but I don't think in Post WW2 Industrial America there was any shortage of jobs. Also at the time Immigration was a very regional Issue. If you research Immigration laws you will also find that in the 40s much like in the entirety of American History before that there was basically no such thing as Illegal Immigration.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    The great wall was a great disaster. the wall is little more than a "no trespassing" sign.

If you want the Great Wall to do something amazing, apply a few million gallons of water

great+wall.jpg

Top Bottom