The Shootrite Katana

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Red Jacket

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 4, 2007
    Is there going to be a left hand model in the plans? I would at least put an ambi safety and ambi sling attachment for the fixed stocks. I could deal with the light only being in one spot as that is where my light currently is on my rifle.

No , though those kind of things are pretty easy add-on's once it's in your hands . As for the rail , I can put it where ever you want it . Now taking orders ...... :)

SKYWLKR

bread and circuses
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Feb 26, 2007
    Yea...

"Try not to touch the two wires together or touch the copper..."

ZSK....

"Yea.... let us let the professionals handle this particular issue..."

Red Jacket

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 4, 2007
    Yea...

"Try not to touch the two wires together or touch the copper..."

ZSK....

"Yea.... let us let the professionals handle this particular issue..."

LOL , oh , you saw Vincent hooking up the radio in the boat today ? LOL me , " Hook up the neutral " , Vincent " But what do I do with this ground wire ?" :rofl: well , it got done [and nicely I might add ] :)

SBP

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 22, 2009
    does it come with these?
    apparel-ninja-gear-a-tabi-boots.jpg

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Oh dear sweet Jesus. That forum would deep fry their grandmother if she disagreed with which silencer, et al, was the best... here we go.

I don't have an account, but I can imagine what they are saying. The Katana, in all its awesomeness, will not likely garner much appreciation from the internet AR-15 crowd. IMHO, the Katana is exactly the rifle your average citizen needs for self defense/SHTF duty. Unfortunately that's not what internet ninjas are looking for...

In my honest opinion (not that it means anything)...the only things I'd like different on the Katana would be using the Daniel Defense true pencil barrel with a proper F-marked FSB. Would potentially save another ounce or two and gain 1:7 twist (no need to get into that discussion here, this is only my opinion ;)). An F-marked FSB is a basic feature on any decent AR carbine these days, let alone on a high-end unit like the Katana. The standard "rifle" FSB on the Shaw barrels could cause issues if folks want to change out their rear sight down the road.

Oh, and you should take pictures of it with a PMag in it. Should help with the sales... :p

Red Jacket

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 4, 2007
    . IMHO, the Katana is exactly the rifle your average citizen needs for self defense/SHTF duty. Unfortunately that's not what internet ninjas are looking for...

. :p

Them Ninja's is a haaaaard market to crack :D I guess I could add 50 inchs of rails and make them happy ..... naw .

Top Bottom