Trigger happy much?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    You say seat belt is a BS way to make contact, i call that crap. I pull over people for a variety of reasons including seatbelt violations. But not going to get into an argument about that.

My issue with your (second paragraph) answer is if he isnt able to carry a weapon on duty because he could shoot someone, what is stopping him from shooting someone he feels threatened by not on duty whether it be justified or not?
    Although I do not agree with the seat belt law, I understand and follow this law. However, IMO in this situation this law was used to make contact and I base this statement on the trooper's demeanor and actions. This is why I said he made contact under BS pretenses.

There is a chance for any citizen legally carrying a weapon to freak out and shoot prematurely. However, the chances of this happening compared to the probability of someone who carries a weapon as part of their line of work which involves dealing with criminals and innocent citizens on a day to day basis AND having to distinguish between the 2 at a moments notice, I would say is quite slim.

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    because when he is off duty he won't be harassing folks for no seat belt. its a ******** law. if someone does not want to wear one its their business. enough with the big brother commie crap.

That has NOTHING to do with the conversation. It is only you trying to talk **** about a law that you dont agree with. And nothing do do with the question that I asked. Pot smokers think that weed should be legal. Up until this past year Austin thought the age to buy a handgun and handgun ammo should be lowered. People with fast cars think that there shouldnt be speed limits, yadda yadda yadda. Not sure why i'm even addressing your response as it will just be met with more psychotic bull ****. but whatever.........

Gunrelated, back to our actual (and relevant to the original topic starter) conversation, if you please.

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    because when he is off duty he won't be harassing folks for no seat belt. its a ******** law. if someone does not want to wear one its their business. enough with the big brother commie crap.

So we shouldn't enforce laws you don't like? Care to provide a list, just so we aren't doing any big brother commie crap and enforcing ******** laws? If someone wants to drink and drive it's their business right? What about if they want to sell dope? Some of those laws are ********, right?

And, Rick Grimes is a pu55y...

Last edited:

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Although I do not agree with the seat belt law, I understand and follow this law. However, IMO in this situation this law was used to make contact and I base this statement on the trooper's demeanor and actions. This is why I said he made contact under BS pretenses.

There is a chance for any citizen legally carrying a weapon to freak out and shoot prematurely. However, the chances of this happening compared to the probability of someone who carries a weapon as part of their line of work which involves dealing with criminals and innocent citizens on a day to day basis AND having to distinguish between the 2 at a moments notice, I would say is quite slim.

Again, playing devils advocate here. You believe that someone with a certified mental illness, such as we will assume that this trooper is suffering from, should carry a gun? Then if so, again keeping in mind that mental illness part, he/or she (anyone carrying a weapon with mental illness) should not be held liable for their actions based upon said mental illness, example: Insanity plea in court.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    I see your bait and raise you this. Look at my first response a few posts ago. "if he is legally able to carry". I purposely put that there because I saw where this was going. ;)

Sully

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 1, 2012
    Sulphur

85e.jpg

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    And the reason I said this was not an easy answer for me is because all of our guys coming back from overseas that have been treated for PTSD will now have a hard time exercising the rights in which they fought for.
    I left this out because this is another topic all together.

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    I see your bait and raise you this. Look at my first response a few posts ago. "if he is legally able to carry". I purposely put that there because I saw where this was going. ;)

No bait, just attempting to have some inkling of an intelligent conversation amongst all of the derpy derpy bull ****. Your argument is that he might shoot someone he feels threatened by while on duty, so he shouldnt be on duty. The same thing could be said about the way he views the world on or off duty. If he feels unreasonably threatened by people, in your opinion, do you feel that he should have the same gun rights as someone who has no mental illness and can think logically?

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    And the reason I said this was not an easy answer for me is because all of our guys coming back from overseas that have been treated for PTSD will now have a hard time exercising the rights in which they fought for.
    I left this out because this is another topic all together.

I wasnt even going to go that route unless it was brought up by someone else, but since you did, because they fought for that right, do you feel that even though some truly cannot distinguish the difference between a real and false threat, that they should have the ability to carry a weapon?

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    i choose to wear a seat belt for my own safety. but if i did not, how is that putting others in danger? flying bodies? how many unbelted flying bodies have injured others? i don't know. any links of proof? it seems like a ******** law to harass people. commie style.

o yea, shotgun carry:
    http://lh6.ggpht.com/_1luLRXKoJM8/TADl2FlVY5I/AAAAAAAAj9w/OCSsKsvbYnQ/02.jpg

We all have laws we disagree with. Blow jobs are illegal. So is anal sex. Do I agree with that law? No. Do I go whining to people who have no control over changing that law? nope.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    No bait, just attempting to have some inkling of an intelligent conversation amongst all of the derpy derpy bull ****. Your argument is that he might shoot someone he feels threatened by while on duty, so he shouldnt be on duty. The same thing could be said about the way he views the world on or off duty. If he feels unreasonably threatened by people, in your opinion, do you feel that he should have the same gun rights as someone who has no mental illness and can think logically?
    Here's the difference between someone (LEO's) who carry as a part of their job and your average citizen who carries for their own protection. LEO's deal with criminals and innocents simultaneously and they have to be capable of distinguishing between the 2 without shooting first even if the situation may cause them to draw their weapon. The citizen who carries for protection, uses the weapon as a last resort; when they draw they better have good reason and be prepared to shoot or face charges for drawing their weapon in public for no reason.

sloppy joe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    So we shouldn't enforce laws you don't like? Care to provide a list, just so we aren't doing any big brother commie crap and enforcing ******** laws? If someone wants to drink and drive it's their business right? What about if they want to sell dope? Some of those laws are ********, right?

And, Rick Grimes is a pu55y...

i said nothing about a list. you seem to have made one. so how is no seat belt in the same list as drunk driving?

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    So, I guess what I am getting at is that isn't really a valid pretense for your question as he wouldn't or at least shouldn't be putting himself in the same situations as a normal citizen.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    I wasnt even going to go that route unless it was brought up by someone else, but since you did, because they fought for that right, do you feel that even though some truly cannot distinguish the difference between a real and false threat, that they should have the ability to carry a weapon?
    Not ready for this one tonight lol

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom