Watches, watches and more watches

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bryanbag

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Prairieville, LA
    I'm a Citizen Eco-Drive fan. The oldest is the Blue Angles Titanium at about 12 years old. Had to have the band replace on the Blue Angles. Was working on a car and bumped the battery positive terminal and ground at the same time and welded 4 links together.
    The newest is the back bezel with white numbers at about 3 years old.
    Other than the band on the Blue Angles watch. I have not had any trouble any of my Citizen Watches.
    1. Blue Angles Titiaum.JPG
    2. Blue Titiaum.JPG
    3. SS Black Face.JPG
    4. Two Tone Gold & SS.JPG
    5. Black Face SS.JPG

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    No. Submariners have bezels that move and I don't like that. Plus subs are played out. I have Explorers and Datejusts.

Go ahead and get a Submariner like everyone else...

JR1572

saying get a submariner like everyone else, is like say get a glock like everyone else. They are popular and imitated often for a reason. They are high quality and proven designs. But we are all welcome to enjoy what we like, and theres plenty of higher tier brands out there

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    saying get a submariner like everyone else, is like say get a glock like everyone else. They are popular and imitated often for a reason. They are high quality and proven designs. But we are all welcome to enjoy what we like, and theres plenty of higher tier brands out there

Which submariner do you have?

JR1572

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Which submariner do you have?

JR1572
    I don't have one actually, but I do like them, I like the daytona, but feel I have enough chrono's so I will eventually get a sub or a GMT master II which is basically a sub with numbers across the whole dial instead of hash marks for the first 1/4.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    I don't have one actually, but I do like them, I like the daytona, but feel I have enough chrono's so I will eventually get a sub or a GMT master II which is basically a sub with numbers across the whole dial instead of hash marks for the first 1/4.

GMT Master II. That's hot.

JR1572

tallwalker

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA
    A submariner like everyone else? I bought mine long before they were "played out" I guess. It has been a working watch and has been actually used for what it was designed for. Mine has survived MANY dives, including mixed gas, and quite a few deep submersible trips. Still works and looks like the day I bought it. As a bonus, it is likely still worth as much or more than I paid for it. Sometimes a proven design and timeless style count more than just a passing acknowledgement. To me it certainly does.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I don't understand how yall don't like the submariner but think the GMT master II is "hot" Don't get me wrong, I think they are both great watches, but at a glance You wouldn't know the difference between the two. I went to Lee michael's and holding both at the same time they are essentially the same watch. Both models I was looking at where two tone, black bezel and retailed right under 13k each new... The only difference is the number markings.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    A submariner like everyone else? I bought mine long before they were "played out" I guess. It has been a working watch and has been actually used for what it was designed for. Mine has survived MANY dives, including mixed gas, and quite a few deep submersible trips. Still works and looks like the day I bought it. As a bonus, it is likely still worth as much or more than I paid for it. Sometimes a proven design and timeless style count more than just a passing acknowledgement. To me it certainly does.

Congratulations. You're the exception.

I'm glad one person I know with a Sub dives.

JR1572

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    I don't understand how yall don't like the submariner but think the GMT master II is "hot" Don't get me wrong, I think they are both great watches, but at a glance You wouldn't know the difference between the two. I went to Lee michael's and holding both at the same time they are essentially the same watch. Both models I was looking at where two tone, black bezel and retailed right under 13k each new... The only difference is the number markings.

It's the fixed bezel and the GMT pin. It's also the color combinations on the stainless watches.

IIRC, the only watch that style with a white face is the Explorer II.

JR1572

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I can't remember the last time I didn't wear a watch.
    I mean only during naked massage night do I take off.....oh, uh, nevermind....
    :mamoru: Cat would have appreciated that lol

Over the years I've (thought) about having a more expensive one,
    but man, if it works..... :dunno:

I've worn this Timex Atlantis Black through two deployments and going on 12 years now?

m5YuO88939NIAQJ6pleZ9nQ.jpg

It just works....

But man some of those Blacked Out Luminox Watches have had me VERY tempted.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Case 1:

titanium citizen eco-drive

IMG_2665_zps6de98a9b.jpg

my Fossil aka favorite "vacation" watch. dresses up okay at the beach, and if i lose it im only out a hundred bucks or so:

IMG_2664_zpsac67ec8d.jpg

Seiko Grand w/ Spring Drive- bought because it looked similar to my armani but wasn't rectangular

IMG_2661_zpsc6bcc589.jpg

the first 'nice watch' (500 or so) I ever bought myself. needs a polish n clean badly and this picture can't do it justice. Emporio Armani Meccanico I've got gator skin straps that it came with that are gorgeous- might clean this one up and start wearing it again.

IMG_2660_zpsaa9642b8.jpg

aforementioned Bulova with history of breaking pins. Other than my accutron its my favorite "nice" watch, kills me that I can't wear it.

IMG_2666_zpsecb6540d.jpg

I'll upload my treasure chest later. '44 rolex, a breitling, and a few more citizens.

Last edited:

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    luminox has some downright sexy watches. i'm quite embarassed to post mine in this shoddy state. i'll be spending the evening polishing and changing bands.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I have a thing for black faces... probably because I wear a lot of colored dress shirts, but in case no one is noticing a theme...

damn this pic isn't updating for some reason. zzz

Last edited:
    Top Bottom