Watches, watches and more watches

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LSUSMC

Segreant
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Prairieville
    I feel sorry for people with subs.

Go to any event where people have a little money and every other guy has one and thinks he is special...

corey d

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    Louisiana
    I wear a suunto vector as my every day watch. This is my weekend watch:

POChrono.jpg

........and i just ordered one of these:

th

corey d

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    Louisiana
    Go to any event where people have a little money and every other guy has one and thinks he is special...

Yeah, there are a lot of Submariners out there. I would get Sea Dweller before a Sub, its a little bigger, but pretty much looks the same. My favorite rolex is the Yacht-Master II in white gold and platinum. Those things cost $50,000, so i won't get one for a while.....haha. If i realistically got a Rolex, it would be an Explorer II.

Last edited:

LSUSMC

Segreant
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Prairieville
    Yeah, there are a lot of Submariners out there. I would get Sea Dweller before a Sub, its a little bigger, but pretty much looks the same. My favorite rolex is the Yacht-Master II in white gold and platinum. Those things cost $50,000, so i won't get one for a while.....haha. If i realistically got a Rolex, it would be an Explorer.

I'm partial to the Milgauss myself so naturally the Explorer also. I just like the small touch of color and the story behind the Gauss.

Here is my current daily...

IMG_0735.jpg

rrussotwo

Jedi Knight
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    No. Submariners have bezels that move and I don't like that. Plus subs are played out. I have Explorers and Datejusts.

Go ahead and get a Submariner like everyone else...

JR1572

Whoah! Why the hostility?

I only asked if they were subs because of the price and never said I wanted a sub.

I prefer the Explorer II and the Milgauss, both with the white dial.

Hence the $7500 minimum price.

Used is about 2k lower for the Explorer II. Still too much for me to justify to myself.

Last edited:

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Whoah! Why the hostility?

I only asked if they were subs because of the price and never said I wanted a sub.

I prefer the Explorer II and the Milgauss, both with the white dial.

Hence the $7500 minimum price.

Used is about 2k lower. Still too much for me to justify to myself.

None intended. I just wanted to help you avoid the trap many other Sub owners have fallen into. It's apparent we have the same good taste...

The GMT Master series are good looking watches that aren't Subs.

I have both explorers and an Oyster Perpetual Date Just. The Oyster has a smooth bezel and a jubilee band with the hidden clasp. It's gorgeous and I only wear it to special events. The explorers are worn daily, however, I won't wear them in uniform.

JR1572

rrussotwo

Jedi Knight
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    None intended. I just wanted to help you avoid the trap many other Sub owners have fallen into. It's apparent we have the same good taste...

The GMT Master series are good looking watches that aren't Subs.

I have both explorers and an Oyster Perpetual Date Just. The Oyster has a smooth bezel and a jubilee band with the hidden clasp. It's gorgeous and I only wear it to special events. The explorers are worn daily, however, I won't wear them in uniform.

JR1572

I'd imagine you wouldn't wear them in uniform. Lol.

The sub is too copied and common for me to spend even half it's price on. I'd much prefer an Omega Planet Ocean or an IWC diver over that. Heck, I prefer my Seikos.

The Explorers and the Milgauss are just weird enough for me to enjoy their eccentricity. Rolex is not known for weird and quirky. I guess that's why I never saved for one.

I think an Omega is next on my list. I've always wanted one and I'll probably make one my Christmas present.

Now...I need to find a decent winder...or build one myself.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    I'd imagine you wouldn't wear them in uniform. Lol.

The sub is too copied and common for me to spend even half it's price on. I'd much prefer an Omega Planet Ocean or an IWC diver over that. Heck, I prefer my Seikos.

The Explorers and the Milgauss are just weird enough for me to enjoy their eccentricity. Rolex is not known for weird and quirky. I guess that's why I never saved for one.

I think an Omega is next on my list. I've always wanted one and I'll probably make one my Christmas present.

Now...I need to find a decent winder...or build one myself.

Last big fight I was in working a detail I had my regular Explorer on. Matter of fact there was a widely circulated picture of me in uniform with my Explorer II on. I have to find it...

When I can, I want to get an OysterQuartz. It's an odd one.

I don't have a winder. I just put them in the safe on their side (stem up).

If you look around, you can get a decent deal on a Rolex. The last one I bought I think was $4200, but that was almost 7 years ago. The Explorers were $3600 each, but I bought the II first and 2 years later the plain Explorer was the same price. They go up every year. My dad's two tone Datejust was $1700 new in 1973. That same watch new today is much more expensive.

JR1572

Last edited:

cricht0n

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Zachary
    My dream find is a vintage Omega Ploprof or an Omega Chronostop. That said I am currently wearing an Omega Seamaster chronograph with a white face and Blue hands and markers. Up until a few months ago it was on a british tan Nato strap. Then the puppy got a hold of it. Watch is still in almost perfect shape, just a huge crack across the sapphire but it is now on a grey leather nato strap that I got online from a shop in New York called "Worn and Wound". For dressing up, I have a simple black faced stainless Seiko on an alligator strap that my Dad gave me for my high school graduation and a brown leather Victorinox Officers watch that my wife gave me for our wedding.

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    Difference in taste I guess. There is not a single watch pictured in this thread that I would swap my lowly $50 timex for.

Me, too. I've been wearing watches since the time you knew your Timex was done with if it didn't work after throwing it against the wall twice.

I just do not like dial watches.

YMMV

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I have two Breitling for Bentley models, the motors and 6.75. I bought it a few years back, but now that I don't go "out" as much, it may be a little too "blingy" for me. Thinking about a 2 tone, black dial rolex GMT master II. I also wouldn't mind a cartier ballon for daily wear or maybe a breitling transocean chronograph with white face on brown croc strap. Also I like the rolex daytona...

Top Bottom