What's your opinion of Bikers splitting traffic?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What do you think about Bikers who do this?

• Complete *******!

Votes: 35 32.7%
    • Whatever, indifferent…

Votes: 38 35.5%
    • Should be legally allowed to open car door and take them OUT!

Votes: 34 31.8%

• Total voters

Trachito

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    NOLA metro
    LanePosition.gif
    okay, that's what i thought. my statement stands. i'll be in position 1 if there are cars parked on the side of the road. on the highway i'll be in position 3.

Last edited:

Trachito

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    NOLA metro
    This^^

I've had a mom in a van look straight at me and then pull out in front of me, most motor cyclist drive fast to stay away from the "cagers" you since your protected by a car you don't worry about the guy on the bike as much. Wish I could strap a bomb on my bike that way if you hit me with your car we all die! Maybe then some of you would pay attention and drift over in other lanes while on the phone do much.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    i gave an example of riding between lanes at slow speed and someone trying to hit me. read. or maybe you don't care to because your mind is made up on the topic. you can stay stuck at the red light for all i care. i'll mozy on up to the front of the line.

Dude I read your off topic stories. :p

I also don't give a **** what you do on your bike with your life. > Honey Badger >
    honey_badger_mini.jpg

(Well maybe I'd help you out if you got hurt, or somebody car(doored) you being a fellow nutjob Leatherneck and all/. ;)

Look back over the posts I've made, I think it's you who has lumped me into some 'Cager' category.

I'm merely wondering what other folks think about it and pointing out some facts of life.

Actions and Reactions.

It pisses people off. The thought process for some is, want to be an ******* and cut in front of folks? Well just like since elementary school, don't be surprised when one day someone has had enough of your **** and decides to let you know about it ;) Road Rage> caused by a Biker who was doing something illegal and pissed someone off. Just saying...

I on the other hand would never do that(Both sides of the isle) I don’t like pissing people off(Lane Splitting), I don’t like breaking the law, and I don’t like Road Rage assholes who think they can enforce the law by attempting to harm a Biker.

I got better things to do like ‘Get home’.

Last edited:

Danny Abear

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Brusly, La.
    It is legal in California and drivers and motorcyclist know to expect it. I HATE being in a group of traffic on a bike, because at any given moment soccer mom on her cell phone will switch lanes without looking and kill me. I'll get to the front and then cruise.

THIS x 1000000

vern10mm

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Kenner, LA
    I do not think the risk is worth the reward of moving a little forward from either the rider's end or the general public. Secondly, I think it is a matter of principle that they are no more important and should have to wait like everyone else.

Trachito

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    NOLA metro
    Dude I read your off topic stories. :p

I also don't give a **** what you do on your bike with your life. > Honey Badger >
    honey_badger_mini.jpg

(Well maybe I'd help you out if you got hurt, or somebody car(doored) you being a fellow nutjob Devil and all/.

Look back over the posts I've made, I think it's you who has lumped me into some 'Cager' category.

I'm merely wondering what other folks think about it and pointing out some facts of life.

Actions and Reactions.

It pisses people off. The thought process for some is, want to be an ******* and cut in front of folks? Well just like since elementary school, don't be surprised when one day someone has had enough of your **** and decides to let you know about it ;)

I on the other hand would never do that(Both sides of the isle) I don’t like pissing people off(Lane Splitting), I don’t like breaking the law, and I don’t like Road Rage assholes who think they can enforce the law by attempting to harm a Biker.

I got better things to do like ‘Get home’.
    you asked how someone at a red light can try to hit me. i gave you 2 scenarios.

i know it pisses people off. they can get over it. if someone tries to stop me, fine. if someone tries to kill me by hitting me with their car, they might get an unpleasant reaction.

Renegade

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 1, 2010
    Red Stick
    I remember being in grade school, some jackass who thought he was special always tried to skip everyone in line. It was always a good thing to watch him faceplant when someone tripped him.

Now, everyone else has grown up, but there are still those members of society who think they are entitled... so I guess some people are still going to be childish enough to stick a foot out there. I know I'm still childish enough to laugh when some entitled dumbass (who couldn't simply obey the same law I'm obeying) cartwheels across the road. Tough ****, it'll be a good lesson for the others. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

If you're breaking the law and someone opens the door on you, too bad for you. You shoulda stayed in line like everyone else. I know I don't own the concrete, but when my vehicle is there, that is my spot of the lane from line to line. You never know if I might decide to hop out and grab something from my trunk real quick or if I accidentally drop my smoke or something. The very practice is endangering all of the lives around you, so go back to your original quote and quit trying to kill people over a piece of concrete, YOU ARE THE PROBLEM.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Secondly, I think it is a matter of principle that they are no more important and should have to wait like everyone else.

As the panda would say - Ska'Doosh!

There are 4 Bikers here where I work and we've been talking it all morning long. They have never seen a bike over-heat from sitting still at a traffic stop. Some of these guys have been riding for 30+ years. One guy here has 200,000+ miles on a bike.

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    Jar-Head!! you're so off far topic I don't even know where to start with all that. :eek3:

It's about lane splitting when traffic is barely moving or not at all or at a red light.

All that talk about switching lanes is completely unrelated to what this topic is about.

Going off topic is only going to be frustrating for everyone involved here,

stay 'In Lane'! not between the lines :p

I pull to the front at red lights if I'm only behind one or two cars, it's a safety thing that if you rode you woul understand. And you should never ride in the middle of the lane wear all the fluids from other vehicles fall, at no time is it acceptable. When I'm on my bIke I have just as much prevelage to the whole lane as any car does and I can ride in any position of the lane. People in cars should be courteous to bikers and pull over and let us pass on free ways and interstate highways.

vern10mm

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Kenner, LA
    I pull to the front at red lights if I'm only behind one or two cars, it's a safety thing that if you rode you woul understand. And you should never ride in the middle of the lane wear all the fluids from other vehicles fall, at no time is it acceptable. When I'm on my bIke I have just as much prevelage to the whole lane as any car does and I can ride in any position of the lane. People in cars should be courteous to bikers and pull over and let us pass on free ways and interstate highways.

So do you want to be treated as equals or do you think you are special and deserve more courtesy?

Trachito

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    NOLA metro
    As the panda would say - Ska'Doosh!

There are 4 Bikers here where I work and we've been talking it all morning long. They have never seen a bike over-heat from sitting still at a traffic stop. Some of these guys have been riding for 30+ years. One guy here has 200,000+ miles on a bike.
    that's their opinion, and it obviously doesn't represent all riders. you can see other riders here feel it's okay.

I remember being in grade school, some jackass who thought he was special always tried to skip everyone in line. It was always a good thing to watch him faceplant when someone tripped him.

Now, everyone else has grown up, but there are still those members of society who think they are entitled... so I guess some people are still going to be childish enough to stick a foot out there. I know I'm still childish enough to laugh when some entitled dumbass (who couldn't simply obey the same law I'm obeying) cartwheels across the road. Tough ****, it'll be a good lesson for the others. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

If you're breaking the law and someone opens the door on you, too bad for you. You shoulda stayed in line like everyone else. I know I don't own the concrete, but when my vehicle is there, that is my spot of the lane from line to line. You never know if I might decide to hop out and grab something from my trunk real quick or if I accidentally drop my smoke or something. The very practice is endangering all of the lives around you, so go back to your original quote and quit trying to kill people over a piece of concrete, YOU ARE THE PROBLEM.
    your life is fine. not like i'm going to run into you at 60mph at a red light because i idle to the front. if you need to get out of your car pull over. just be sure to watch for motorcycles, lol.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    you asked how someone at a red light can try to hit me. i gave you 2 scenarios.

NO! Man you're having some major reading 'fail' here Bro. :doh:

I've asked you specific questions about your statements made.

You haven't answered them and instead keep talking about other off topic potential dangerous scenarios that bikers face.

Lane Splitting > 1-10 MPH > @ a Red Light/Traffic Jam > How can someone attempt to take your life? This is what I asked AFTER you made this statement;

i don't see anything hypocritical about being angry that someone tries to kill you ON PURPOSE because they want their spot at a red light.

This is my last attempt to clear this up .... :p

Plus I've got to eat and go do some lunch time training with my dog.

I'll be back :)

Trachito

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    NOLA metro
    So do you want to be treated as equals or do you think you are special and deserve more courtesy?
    i don't know about veed, but i just don't want you going out of your way to hit me.

it gets hot riding under the sun, man. you'd have to be a rider to understand. you still may not agree with it afterwards, but you may understand our POV more.

Trachito

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    NOLA metro
    NO! Man you're having some major reading 'fail' here Bro. :doh:

I've asked you specific questions about your statements made.

You haven't answered them and instead keep talking about other off topic potential dangerous scenarios that bikers face.

Lane Splitting > 1-10 MPH > @ a Red Light/Traffic Jam > How can someone attempt to take your life? This is what I asked AFTER you made this statement;

This is my last attempt to clear this up .... :p

Plus I've got to eat and go do some lunch time training with my dog.

I'll be back :)

they can try to cut out in front of you with their car if there is enough space for them to gas it a bit.

by splitting you do mean going between the lanes and cars, right? people sometimes try to cut you off while splitting so you can't keep going; sometimes they wait til the last minute to cut you off and almost hit you. that can kill or injure you. what's so hard to understand? jeez.

off to lunch as well. don't know what i feel like eating though. maybe i'll cut someone off in the drive thru line at mcd, lol.

Last edited:

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    motorcycles are afforded some diffetences on the road, people in cars should relize that and maybe try to picture ghe person on the bike as one of theyre loved ones and ask if they would do it to them. I want to be treated like a human being, most wouldn't block a car from passing, but as mentioned before people take it personal when a sport bike passes them and then gets a comfortable distance and slows down. I've had people get in front of me and break check me, all I can say is that ain't cool, and that's the ones who get windshield repair after they meet honest Abe in the air. I have two pockets I can reach while riding one is full of pennies and the other is .38++ps. I'm not some biker scum, I have a life too, so don't try to treat me that way.

Trachito

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    NOLA metro
    motorcycles are afforded some diffetences on the road, people in cars should relize that and maybe try to picture ghe person on the bike as one of theyre loved ones and ask if they would do it to them. I want to be treated like a human being, most wouldn't block a car from passing, but as mentioned before people take it personal when a sport bike passes them and then gets a comfortable distance and slows down. I've had people get in front of me and break check me, all I can say is that ain't cool, and that's the ones who get windshield repair after they meet honest Abe in the air. I have two pockets I can reach while riding one is full of pennies and the other is .38++ps. I'm not some biker scum, I have a life too, so don't try to treat me that way.
    i don't expect people to get out of my way although it would be nice, but i certainly don't want people to almost cause an accident like by brake checking. brake checking a car on the highway may cause a fender bender but with a bike you can kill someone.

Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    Honestly I've done it, usually at red lights in the right lane when I'm turning and no one else is, is it smart no. Have I thought about getting door checked, yeah. I don't know it really shouldn't be legal though there are way too many inexperienced riders that don't pay enough attention to their surroundings who would likely cause wrecks. When I was in California I wouldn't even ride my motorcycle in town much less try to get on the freeway with one. I give major props to anyone willing to brave southern California on a motorcycle.

Top Bottom