What's your opinion of Bikers splitting traffic?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What do you think about Bikers who do this?

• Complete *******!

Votes: 35 32.7%
    • Whatever, indifferent…

Votes: 38 35.5%
    • Should be legally allowed to open car door and take them OUT!

Votes: 34 31.8%

• Total voters

Trachito

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    NOLA metro
    I'm talking about moving out of the left lane, not pull off the road. You've obvious have never riden a street bike, try it you might like it and understand where we are coming from.
    he stated that he used to ride, as well as his coworkers, but apparently they like sitting under the louisiana sun at red lights.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    I do lane filtering all the time as long as there's space for me to safely pass the stopped cars. Usually I do on the right side of the road, not in between cars. My vehicle has much better pickup than any car, so when the light changes I'm not an inconvenience to anyone. Again the problems generally come from car drivers mad about something else in their lives who's vanity gets offended by someone having more freedom then they do.

The idea that someone lane filtering could run over a child is radically unlikely. It happens at too low a speed for a child (Aren't children required by law to be strapped into car seats until they're like 10?) to be able to get out of a car and get into danger. Besides lane filtering requires a lot of attention from the cyclist, and they're going to see the car door opening - believe me.

Can someone from the law enforcement / EMT community weigh in and tell us how often problems occur from this practice? Maybe I should stop doing it if it causes a lot of problems.

Swami

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Monroe
    I rode a bike for several years in California as my primary transportation, and of course I lane shared there because it's legal and EXPECTED. I'd never do it here.

vern10mm

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Kenner, LA
    i don't know about veed, but i just don't want you going out of your way to hit me.

it gets hot riding under the sun, man. you'd have to be a rider to understand. you still may not agree with it afterwards, but you may understand our POV more.

Been riding for a little less than 10 years....still do not consider myself better than anyone else. I do however agree with people not going out of their way to hit me, but my mode of transportation does not alter that belief. At the same time, I do not go out of my way to break traffic laws, though I am not perfect either.

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    I would NOT move out of this idiot's way IN THIS particular situation. Otherwise, I don't find it to be a big deal. No way I would try to harm someone at a red light or otherwise.

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    It is what it isn't, so I really don't ride as much as I use to. I try to go out early Sunday while most are sleeping or going to church. It's not the safest mode of transportation, but it's a thing I enjoy and helps with stress relief.

vern10mm

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Kenner, LA
    motorcycles are afforded some diffetences on the road, people in cars should relize that and maybe try to picture ghe person on the bike as one of theyre loved ones and ask if they would do it to them. I want to be treated like a human being, most wouldn't block a car from passing, but as mentioned before people take it personal when a sport bike passes them and then gets a comfortable distance and slows down. I've had people get in front of me and break check me, all I can say is that ain't cool, and that's the ones who get windshield repair after they meet honest Abe in the air. I have two pockets I can reach while riding one is full of pennies and the other is .38++ps. I'm not some biker scum, I have a life too, so don't try to treat me that way.

Nope, I do not afford you any differences, nor do I expect them other than required by law. I am sure there are other things in your life you also feel you are entitled to, and I am sure I would disagree with those as well.

When you decide to ride a vehicle that is not optimized for the environment you plan to use it in, well, you kinda take what comes with that.

Your willful disclosure to play the same childish games you admonish here not only does not impress me, but plays into the stereotype you seemingly seek to avoid. How about you just obey the law and keep the tough guy talk to a minimum. You mike want to hang onto those "honest abes" for when someone finds these posts and sues you after your next incident.

Trachito

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    NOLA metro
    Been riding for a little less than 10 years....still do not consider myself better than anyone else. I do however agree with people not going out of their way to hit me, but my mode of transportation does not alter that belief. At the same time, I do not go out of my way to break traffic laws, though I am not perfect either.
    it's not a matter of thinking i'm better. i just don't have a/c and covering while riding. i don't inconvenience anyone because i take up little space and am gone rather quickly. i commute on my bike a lot and being exposed to the elements eventually gets to most riders.

vern10mm

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Kenner, LA
    it's not a matter of thinking i'm better. i just don't have a/c and covering while riding. i don't inconvenience anyone because i take up little space and am gone rather quickly. i commute on my bike a lot and being exposed to the elements eventually gets to most riders.

That is your choice, not mine. I will not afford you "differences" because of your own willful unwise choices. When you choose to ride a bike, you might get hot and wet. I choose a car, so that is not as much of a concern for me.

Trachito

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    NOLA metro
    That is your choice, not mine. I will not afford you "differences" because of your own willful unwise choices. When you choose to ride a bike, you might get hot and wet. I choose a car, so that is not as much of a concern for me.
    you choose tro drive a car, you stay at the back of the line. that's how i see it when i'm in my truck getting passed up by bikes as well.

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    Nope, I do not afford you any differences, nor do I expect them other than required by law. I am sure there are other things in your life you also feel you are entitled to, and I am sure I would disagree with those as well.

When you decide to ride a vehicle that is not optimized for the environment you plan to use it in, well, you kinda take what comes with that.

Your willful disclosure to play the same childish games you admonish here not only does not impress me, but plays into the stereotype you seemingly seek to avoid. How about you just obey the law and keep the tough guy talk to a minimum. You mike want to hang onto those "honest abes" for when someone finds these posts and sues you after your next incident.

Well I guess I won't be invited to Sunday brunch, if anyone would try to purposely run me on the shoulder or break check me as I come up to pass, well let's just say its karma. What goes around comes around. I don't think I'm better, but deserve the same respect as others on the roads. I'm done with this thread, it's pointless, I'm selling my bike anyway, kids want some jet skis.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Wouldn't it be easier if everybody obeyed the traffic laws equally ? Nobody is special and should be allowed to do certain things " just because " .

vern10mm

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Kenner, LA
    you choose tro drive a car, you stay at the back of the line. that's how i see it when i'm in my truck getting passed up by bikes as well.

Except my position is supported by law, while yours is supported by your own self-important image. To each their own. WHen you break the law and get in an accident, not only will the car win the fight , but also the following legal battle if you survive.

Carry on.

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    It's really about what makes you feel safer, and pulling to the front of the light makes me feel safer, passing up the group of cars, makes me feel safer, so I do it because my life is more important to me than hurting someone's feelings because I cut them in line. So, I'm a selfish *******, end of story!

vern10mm

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Kenner, LA
    Wouldn't it be easier if everybody obeyed the traffic laws equally ? Nobody is special and should be allowed to do certain things " just because " .

Kinda my point. Expecting people to be nice and afford you convenience to break the law and social morays, is a risky venture when on only two wheels.

vern10mm

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Kenner, LA
    It's really about what makes you feel safer, and pulling to the front of the light makes me feel safer, passing up the group of cars, makes me feel safer, so I do it because my life is more important to me than hurting someone's feelings because I cut them in line. So, I'm a selfish *******, end of story!

Your also a criminal, but that does not seem to bother you either. The fact that you place your safety and convenience above those of other drivers around you is most disheartening and hypocritical of all.

It is not about what makes YOU FEEL safer, it is about what is safer and the understood laws of driving. You deciding to make your own rules is what places everyone in danger, including yourself, as others have to try and react to your non-standard driving. Out of all people discussed in this thread, you are the one putting the most people in danger.

Top Bottom