Did Walton and Johnson cross the line on No Knock Officers killed and Injured?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Do you agree with Walton & Johnson?

• Yes

Votes: 22 38.6%
    • No

Votes: 35 61.4%

• Total voters
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Also, didn't want to let this one go unnoticed and overshadowed due to my fever induced clowning in this thread:

Though misguided, this was a very witty post. Well played, sir.
    Not very witty at all. I have never witnessed a botched raid but I have witnessed many warrants served without incident. I would be willing to bet that not 1 member here has been on the receiving end of a botched no knock raid. Someone please prove me wrong.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Not very witty at all. I have never witnessed a botched raid but I have witnessed many warrants served without incident. I would be willing to bet that not 1 member here has been on the receiving end of a botched no knock raid. Someone please prove me wrong.

I bet there are more people here that have prepared and participated in conducting successful warrants that went smoothly without incident than there are people here that have been affected by botched warrants.

JR1572

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Just botched? I wanna know who was on the receiving end of a successful one, too!
    sign0004.gif

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell

No fair. Wouldn't that member be dead and unable to tell his side.

Last edited:

NOLAShootist

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    NOLA / NorthShore
    "Surprise, Speed, and Violence of Action" comment was surprising, isn't that a quote off of an ops gear shirt, isn't that a military procedure? Nolashootist how long have you been a LEO? if you don't mind me asking?

That quote is as old as the day is long. Its the basic gameplan of any CQB fight, which is basically what most tac team operations are entered into as. (Yeah I f*cking know, here come the jagoffs with their lines about the militarization of LE...) IIRC, its old SEAL policy thats been handed down for a long time. Like it or not, you have to expect the worst, which, in this case, is a gunfight. No one was ever sorry for being prepared.

Since "tactical" became the cool new thing the last few years, a lot of very old recycled **** has been put on shirts, hats, patches and tattooed on idiots that think its some hot new thing. Much like the knock knock jokes that a little kid brings home to their parents from school and think that little Johnny in class made it up... he didnt (and cant understand why the parents knew the punchline before he said it), and neither did some gear company make it up just to slap it on a shirt.

I put my 20 in. The long time gf took a job down here over the summer as my eligibility was coming up, so I turned in paperwork and I moved down a few weeks ago bc living in NOLA sounded like fun. Im still burning off the metric ton of comp time the city wouldnt pay me for, which is nice.

Currently, putting in apps with a few of the larger agencies down here bc Im too young to retire and too old to learn any new tricks (and I cant imagine working in some Mayberry-esque setting). Hopefully somewhere with Harleys. Finally get me my girl boots and mirrored shades.

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Well, Plato did say that they've seen an end to war. So, they got that going for them. Which is nice.

I give credit where it's due: You, Sir, are BRINGING IT today. From dangerous grannies armed with sodo-chickens to Plato- THAT is running the gamut! :cheers: :bowrofl:

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    I'll see the Plato, and raise a Thomas Jefferson.

"I'd rather that 100 guilty men go free than one innocent man be condemned (die)."

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    Stop. Really. Stop it. It doesn't matter how many times you explain the way things work in the real world. It doesn't apply here. These people refuse to understand how things work. Many others have tried to educate the masses here, but the message will simply not get through. Their minds are made up.

JR1572

Hallelujah!! Preach on my brothers!

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    I have never witnessed a botched raid but I have witnessed many warrants served without incident. I would be willing to bet that not 1 member here has been on the receiving end of a botched no knock raid. Someone please prove me wrong.

Which is exactly why I said witty but misguided. Misguided because most of the police on this forum know more about what no-knock entails even though they have only read about botched raids. Witty because, well someone else is going to have to attempt explain wit to you.

headcase

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Metairie, LA.
    sorry cop's dead, but no knock warrants need to go

First, Walton andd Johnson are radio @ssclowns looking for ratings and to push peoples buttons.Now to the subject of NO Knock raids. If more police officers are shot and wounded or killed serving this type of warrant maybe the powers that be will see if a less lethal alternative could be just as effective at arresting miscreants. The last I heard the police are here to protect and serve the citizen population and this type of raid seems to protect only them and harm mostly citizens. The results seem to be way one sided. If an unarmed citizen is harmed by the police, it seems that collateral damage is ok, but heaven forbid a cop gets injured, then the whole world falls down. Police departments are becomming increasingly militarized and that's not a good thing, in my opinion. Anyway, no one should be happy a law enforcement officer was killed but this type of raid is bound to have bad results sometimes. Couldn't the police survail the address (to make sure they have the right address) and when the subject(s) come ouside, they surround the subject en mass with whatever force necessary to subdue and then arrest him, her, or them. It seems less innocent people would be hurt. I know if anyone breaks down my door in the middle of the night, Mr. Glock on my nightstand and Mr. Remington 12 gauge in the corner would get quite the workout. I'm old and hard of hearing and only hope I can take out a few before I've gone bye bye. Just my two cents... flame on.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    I know if anyone breaks down my door in the middle of the night, Mr. Glock on my nightstand and Mr. Remington 12 gauge in the corner would get quite the workout. I'm old and hard of hearing and only hope I can take out a few before I've gone bye bye. Just my two cents... flame on.

Ok.

JR1572

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    First, Walton andd Johnson are radio @ssclowns looking for ratings and to push peoples buttons.Now to the subject of NO Knock raids. If more police officers are shot and wounded or killed serving this type of warrant maybe the powers that be will see if a less lethal alternative could be just as effective at arresting miscreants. The last I heard the police are here to protect and serve the citizen population and this type of raid seems to protect only them and harm mostly citizens. The results seem to be way one sided. If an unarmed citizen is harmed by the police, it seems that collateral damage is ok, but heaven forbid a cop gets injured, then the whole world falls down. Police departments are becomming increasingly militarized and that's not a good thing, in my opinion. Anyway, no one should be happy a law enforcement officer was killed but this type of raid is bound to have bad results sometimes. Couldn't the police survail the address (to make sure they have the right address) and when the subject(s) come ouside, they surround the subject en mass with whatever force necessary to subdue and then arrest him, her, or them. It seems less innocent people would be hurt. I know if anyone breaks down my door in the middle of the night, Mr. Glock on my nightstand and Mr. Remington 12 gauge in the corner would get quite the workout. I'm old and hard of hearing and only hope I can take out a few before I've gone bye bye. Just my two cents... flame on.
    You will be so overwhelmed those guns would be the last thing you thought about. That's where the surprise part comes from. Do you think you are the only person that ever thought that way? I'll give you a hint, you're not.

headcase

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Metairie, LA.
    JR1572, I'm 62 years old and over thirty five years ago I shot and wounded a burgular/robber who in the middle of the night threw an electric motor through my front door. I only had my 25 caliber Baby Browning pocket pistol within reach and I fired until it was empty. Six shots , three hits. Not bad for a two and a half inch barrel. Unfortunally, he survived. Seems he was looking to rip off a drug dealer and got the wrong apartment. I now arm myself with better weapons and won't hesitate to use them. Think what you want, I've been there and done that. No one is coming inside my house unannounced without a fight. I have a security system and survailance cameras and hope that my earlier experience is never again repeated. Cops are people and people make mistakes. Cops oftentimes make lethal ones and usually they are not the injured party, so it seems that they could care less about me and mine. I and I alone take responsibility for my and my families safety and you can go suck eggs if you don't like it!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gordoloco
    Top Bottom