Little Falls Home Defense incident ...more than meets the eye?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    So- What's the difference between retreating to a basement vs retreating to a "safe room"?

I tend to agree with what Raindrops said above- and would also wager none of us would have ever heard about this case if the homeowner had been killed by the intruders.

They are responsible for their own demise, IMHO. Most people I know do not carry a desire to be shot. One of the simplest steps one can take to avoid this is to not break into someone's home. These two little creeps got burned by their own VERY bad decisions.

Speaking of which.....

Obviously, his decision to capture this on audio was....stupid- and the biggest reason he will be going away. Of course it was going to "sound bad"- how could it not?? :dunno:

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    So- What's the difference between retreating to a basement vs retreating to a "safe room"?

I tend to agree with what Raindrops said above- and would also wager none of us would have ever heard about this case if the homeowner had been killed by the intruders.

They are responsible for their own demise, IMHO. Most people I know do not carry a desire to be shot. One of the simplest steps one can take to avoid this is to not break into someone's home. These two little creeps got burned by their own VERY bad decisions.

Speaking of which.....

Obviously, his decision to capture this on audio was....stupid- and the biggest reason he will be going away. Of course it was going to "sound bad"- how could it not?? :dunno:

without elaborating, you'd think he'd have been smart enough to use a recording to his advantage.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    As crazy as this case is, and as pathetic is this is for me to say in this country of phony outrage! Just be happy the two intruders were white! ;)

4 days of an 80 year old racist on EVERY news cast on EVERY channel would be a blip compared to the phony's that would come out from under the rocks and slime for poor victims of color!

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    the defendant had a golden political opportunity on the stand by the way.

"lets be honest, at this point, what does it matter?" - ala Hillary

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    Its high time that we make crime dangerous for criminals.

As I recall, the President declared "war on crime." Seems the point of declaring war is to kill a bunch of folks.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    Its high time that we make crime dangerous for criminals.

As I recall, the President declared "war on crime." Seems the point of declaring war is to kill a bunch of folks.

While I absolutely agree that crime should carry more clearly-defined risks (Homeowners shooting them would be a good start.), it sounds like the guy committed first degree murder when he walked up to a person he'd already incapacitated, and shot her in the head. Really nothing else in this case is germane to the question of his guilt.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    WAY past that time. Is there anyone out there who still doesn't grasp that the current setup "isn't working"? :confused:

(A general comment, as well.:))

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    By the way- check out this story currently making the rounds. This might be one to follow, also.

It has all the ingredients- including a foreign exchange student/thief, and the ire of the foreign press....:)

Prosecutors allege Kaarma and his common-law wife baited his garage to attract burglars who had reportedly stolen items from the home several times in the past couple of weeks. The couple set up a baby monitor with a live feed and installed motion sensors in the garage. They also left the garage door open about 5 1/2 feet, the charging document said. Pflager told police she also placed a purse in the garage, and catalogued its contents.

http://ravallirepublic.com/news/state-and-regional/article_2443bb96-0449-51fe-b9ba-6d64b373b203.html

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I think he gets found guilty because he stated "he couldn't see in the garage and didn't know if the guy had a weapon" - awful hard to prove fear for your life when you had to go looking for the fight and your defense is "im afraid of the dark".

"my client saw movement that looked like a metallic object- a tool off his workbench, maybe a barrel of a gun? He said "STOP!" and heard quick movements that could have been coming his direction. He fired, and we are pursuing it as a self defense under the castle doctrine code aaa.bbb123."

^ my version, merging 3 of his statements. this is a fantastic example of why you keep your mouth shut people- you just shot someone and the perfect legal defense isn't coming out of your mouth, no matter how versed you are. You have the right to an attorney- tell HIM the story and let him parrot it to the media if he chooses. I promise you'll be better off 101% of the time.

If you can't shut your mouth: "im just glad to be alive. I want my attorney. Thank you officer."

Last edited:

Qwerty

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 9, 2014
    Metairie
    It seems sad in many ways but reinforces what I learned recently. If something happens involving me and my gun it is fair to tell law enforce be that I felt threatened and then shut up

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    REALLY HEAT? This^ horse **** is more important than Oprah buying the Clippers?

Where is your head, man?

I know, I know.....I am ashamed that my priorities are so wrecked!! :o

:doh: It's like what you said yesterday, in so many words- we are going to $hit in a hurry. No one cares about actual issues- let's all just focus on crap.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I know, I know.....I am ashamed that my priorities are so wrecked!! :o

:doh: It's like what you said yesterday, in so many words- we are going to $hit in a hurry. No one cares about actual issues- let's all just focus on crap.

I am slowly not giving a F, about anything! It really is true, you only have family! Cause everything else is just someone's ********!

PS: Spring Squirrel Season; Saturday! :bravo:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I am slowly not giving a F, about anything! It really is true, you only have family! Cause everything else is just someone's ********!

PS: Spring Squirrel Season; Saturday! :bravo:

My 10/22 is coming along this weekend. May have to participate. :)

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    A young buddy in the Guard takes me to Camp Villere from time to time. But he's been at Gitmo for the last year. With luck, i'll have my new target .22 finished when he gets back next month.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dpoirier63
    Top Bottom