Crossfit

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Broke two PR's this week.

I know we have like... 6 people on this site that lift and probably less that even know what a pr means, but I had to share. Chest day and Leg day both had multiple PR's set - and on a 500 calorie deficit. I blame stress. Go to the gym pissed off, its the best preworkout you'll ever use.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Broke two PR's this week.

I know we have like... 6 people on this site that lift and probably less that even know what a pr means, but I had to share. Chest day and Leg day both had multiple PR's set - and on a 500 calorie deficit. I blame stress. Go to the gym pissed off, its the best preworkout you'll ever use.

So...what were they lol

--Sent From My Galaxy S4

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    So...what were they lol

--Sent From My Galaxy S4

chest day: incline 225x6 cable flys: 220x6

legs: inverted leg press 660 3x8 and stiff leg dead lifts: 225 5x5

I think if I cut the reps on ILP I could hit 9 plates, but "hitting your max" to me is an entirely irrelevant practice.

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Wow. Yeah I don't do heavy weights for legs at all. I find that big legs make running and biking tough.

--Sent From My Galaxy S4

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I lift to look good, the numbers are just numbers. If I look the way I want I wouldn't care if I couldn't bench the bar. strong legs =/= inability to run or bike. Heck I run faster than most of those cardio only-guys (albeit less distance for lack of that training)

I used to enjoy biking but really got out of it 5 or 6 years ago. Only did offroad riding etc, none of those comfy rides in the park.

In fact, my client did 400 on ILP for 12 reps yesterday- shes a size 4. Size and Strength are not always paired. Hell Bruce Lee could bench double his body weight and wore a size small.

One of my "emotional motivators" as discussed above btw was the bench. The day I started lifting I couldn't do 90lbs even once. Breaking 225 for me was like winning the superbowl and took years of training.

Last edited:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    It is odd which muscles our genetics decide to favor.

Legs and Pecks is something my body seemed to produce good form for naturally.
    So I had to spend little time on them since they took little work to develop.

Bicep Nugget? not happening. I just can't form a nugget. When I was in the Full Swing of lifting a few years back,
    I don't know how many T-Nation Articles I read about which exercises to do,
    I never could get that sharp nugget affect. Wasn't too concerned though just found it interesting.

Traps either, I have to work HARD on Traps to get them to develop.

Oddly enough my brother's pecs don't near take the similar form naturally as mine do,
    nor do his quads or calves even though we were both roughly the same height/weight.

Anyway like I said, I think it's interesting to see how our genetics
    develop different muscle categories on their own.

Last edited:

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    It is odd which muscles our genetics decide to favor.

Legs and Pecks is something my body seemed to produce good form for naturally.
    So I had to spend little time on them since they took little work to develop.

Bicep Nugget? not happening. I just can't form a nugget. When I was in the Full Swing of lifting a few years back,
    I don't know how many T-Nation Articles I read about which exercises to do,
    I never could get that sharp nugget affect. Wasn't too concerned though just found it interesting.

Traps either, I have to work HARD on Traps to get them to develop.

Oddly enough my brother's pecs don't near take the similar form naturally as mine do,
    nor do his quads or calves even though we were both roughly the same height/weight.

Anyway like I said, I think it's interesting to see how our genetics
    develop different muscle categories on their own.

My chest and shoulders have always been 3 levels ahead of my bi's and tri's. (which makes my arms look smaller by comparison) The only time they grow is when I'm in a tremendous caloric surplus and lifting heavy as F. I do NOT have meso genetics, I just diet/train to accommodate.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Yea I've only seen the Horse Shoe once in my life really,
    and that was some time ago :D

It's my experience that magazines get it all wrong. Every fitness magazine ever swears that bi's get girls to turn their heads. From what i'm told most often its Shoulders, Lats, Chest, Abs, Glutes are the list of what women appreciate most often. In short: A shredded torso trumps the horseshoe all day errday. and guys that don't work legs are missing the boat. hell they aren't even near the water.

(yes, biking counts austin) lol

Last edited:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    It's my experience that magazines get it all wrong. Every fitness magazine ever swears that bi's get girls to turn their heads. From what i'm told most often its Shoulders, Lats, Chest, Abs, Glutes are the list of what women appreciate most often. In short: A shredded torso trumps the horseshoe all day errday. and guys that don't work legs are missing the boat. hell they aren't even near the water.

I've been well beyond impressing chicks with muscles for some time now
    but the Horse Shoe was a personal favorite goal.

I do agree on legs though and would likely make quick friends with nomadicdread.
    I love me some Squat Rack.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I feel like this thread has dramatically changed from it's original purpose.

hey. dont hijack our hijack.

hijack.gif

Last edited:

pyreaux

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 5, 2009
    BRLA
    Eric I'd try to call her via phone and leave a message. She seems to be hit or miss on facebook. Not sure about email, but I always try to hit a phone as every email account I have has lost messages before, either spam filters, server issues or gremlins.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012

I love the disclaimer at the bottom. I am going to probably actually start throwing in leg workouts to my weighted circuits. I figure I could add between 5 and 10 pounds easily down there and still be ok. I am built for sprints though, not for distance. My explosive strength greatly trumps my endurance strength.

--Sent From My Galaxy S4

ericlosh

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    Slidell LA
    im with you madwabbit

IE; i got up to 315x4 on bench, then i realized that wasnt **** next to a powerlifter and some days it just plain hurts to move big weight, i stick to as many reps as possible for 4-5 sets at 225 on bench, and squats. Pulled my back doing deads years ago, so on leg day i can always feel my back getting real tight. Sucks. I do around 14-15 reps on bench and can do up 18 on squat though i like 12, its a mental thing and i hate squats! You know how that is, ready to rack.

I do romanian deads on one of my leg days to hit more hams and core, the second leg day is front squats.

Right now y biggest issue is this thing i have york mints and dorittos. very dangerous

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    mmabone
    Top Bottom