Explain Police Behavior?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Malaka

Seeker of Truth
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    Covington, LA
    The other night I was on the way to the gym at 0300. I took a corner a bit fast in my car--all within the legal speed-limit, and the light was green. Yes, I agree it was a bit excessive, but no tires sliding all over the place or anything, just an abrupt corner that looked abrupt.

There was a cop pulled over on the side of the road, car by itself, lights all blacked out. (He was about 1-200 meters after the turn, on the same side of the road as I.)

As I passed him, he turned on his lights (driving, not blue/red), and slowly merged onto the road.

I maintained the speed limit, and he reached my speed at what looked like 5-800 meters behind me.

I continued on, as he managed to accelerate and come up behind my vehicle.

I was in the right-hand lane, and so was he. There were no street-lights, no other traffic, etc.

He accelerated forward briskly until he was so close to my bumper that I could no-longer see his headlights. I maintained my speed, which was legal the whole time.

He then whipped into the left lane and crossed the street to the left. The WHOLE TIME the left lane had been free for him to use at any speed he wished. YET he found it necessary to all but ram the back of my vehicle. Running the plates does not require that. His lights never came on.

Is there some logical reason that an officer would drive recklessly and all but ram the back-end of my car and not pull me over to search the vehicle, or whatever? It seemed the whole purpose of the exercise was to put me, my car and life, and his car and life, in danger.

Did I somehow miss the true purpose of these actions, and were they necessary to serve and protect this officer's community?

Two questions:

1. Meters? Seriously?
    2. Who do I see to get the 5 minutes of my life back for reading this thread?

aminor3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Speaking for myself and having past LE expereince, the officer was probabllya rookie or bored and attempting to play on tne computer by running your plates. It was like more of an attempt to see if you would spook and run. This would have given reason for the stop.

Last edited:

Corvette Racer

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    Friend of mine in a 325i was coming back to BTR from New Orleans one night approaching the three-mile bridge (just West of Laplace). Was going about 10 over when a trooper parked on the opposite side of the road crossed over and lit him up. By this time he was on the bridge, so he started pulling to the shoulder and the trooper pulled right up on his tail. Believe it or not, he brake-checked the trooper, who proceeded to nail him from behind. He told the trooper that he stopped when he saw the lights, and that it wasn't his fault that the Crown Vic had shitty brakes. Long story short, the supervisor had to be called in from Troop B, my friend got a ticket for 10 over, and the state paid over $1000 to repair his rear bumper, etc.

I don't brake check in the Vette (too $$$), but I will drop a gear or two and switch on the parking lights if it is daylight out. Gets the same results.

blackwater26504

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Dude you drive a lil wowdy car and your tint is too dark to be legal. He probably ran your plates when nothing came back he left. Take it slow on those corners next time.

No. Here is a picture of the vehicle:

73nktg.jpg

Oh, I did have the music on, but windows were up and the sound system is OEM. I doubt you could hear it more than 5-10 feet from the car in a dead-silent parking-lot, much less driving around.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Friend of mine in a 325i was coming back to BTR from New Orleans one night approaching the three-mile bridge (just West of Laplace). Was going about 10 over when a trooper parked on the opposite side of the road crossed over and lit him up. By this time he was on the bridge, so he started pulling to the shoulder and the trooper pulled right up on his tail. Believe it or not, he brake-checked the trooper, who proceeded to nail him from behind. He told the trooper that he stopped when he saw the lights, and that it wasn't his fault that the Crown Vic had shitty brakes. Long story short, the supervisor had to be called in from Troop B, my friend got a ticket for 10 over, and the state paid over $1000 to repair his rear bumper, etc.

I don't brake check in the Vette (too $$$), but I will drop a gear or two and switch on the parking lights if it is daylight out. Gets the same results.

What?

MOTOR51

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

So your friend paid for a ticket and OUR tax dollars paid for the bumper. Wow, he showed him. Way to go jack ass(please relay that to him for me).

MOTOR51

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    So your friend paid for a ticket and OUR tax dollars paid for the bumper. Wow, he showed him. Way to go jack ass(please relay that to him for me).

MOTOR51

Sounds like an awful good candidate for a camera to go 10-7 while the driver gets "driver's ed" short course.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA

I bet LSP would love to hear that account of the incident...

JR1572

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I bet LSP would love to hear that account of the incident...

JR1572

One step ahead of you. I contacted a friend of mine who's the desk sgt at the troop. They are going to check into it. Either someone is lying or someone will have to answer some questions.

MOTOR51

Corvette Racer

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    This was at least 10+ years ago, as I haven't worked at that job since 2002. Guy is a prick and I wouldn't **** on him if he was on fire. Might even be persuaded to drop a name, lol.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012

This was at least 10+ years ago, as I haven't worked at that job since 2002. Guy is a prick and I wouldn't **** on him if he was on fire. Might even be persuaded to drop a name, lol.
    So he is no longer a friend? Amazing how stories change. Moving on...did he at least record the officer so he could post it on the interwebz? People did that in 2002? Right?

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville

Wait... So he started out as a friend in the story and now he is a prick and you wouldn't **** on him....
    Can you make up your mind, sound like a woman.

Corvette Racer

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    So crucify me. I worked with the guy for 12 years. That was 11 years ago. He was OK at first, but became a prick (owner's son). Used to come in my office and fart and not excuse himself. Guess to be politically correct and not upset the other pricks here, I should have started my story "A prick I know in a 325i....."

You guys are starting to sound like the pricks on ARFCOM.

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Wait... So he started out as a friend in the story and now he is a prick and you wouldn't **** on him....
    Can you make up your mind, sound like a woman.

Or someone who doesn't want to have to repeat that story and get a friend in trouble.

MOTOR51

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    So crucify me. I worked with the guy for 12 years. That was 11 years ago. He was OK at first, but became a prick (owner's son). Used to come in my office and fart and not excuse himself. Guess to be politically correct and not upset the other pricks here, I should have started my story "A prick I know in a 325i....."

I guess it was the fact that you thought he was cool cause he caused a trooper to crash.

MOTOR51

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville

So let me get this straight....
    Boss's son, use to pull a juvenile act and not excuse himself... So he turned into a prick.
    You came here and told a ******** (juvenile) story and when called out you call us pricks?

Lol. Just another night on the bayoushooter forum.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA

Yeah, and we're the problem here...

JR1572

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Demmickb
    Top Bottom