Today I was taught how to operate a seatbelt

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candrews86

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2012
    Lake Charles
    DarWIN!

Seriously though, we complain about unfair taxes on here all the time, but I would be on board with a stupid tax. We could tax anyone who can't use a seatbelt, identify their left and right sides, or tell time using a standard clock, tax would double if you were unable to read a digital clock.
    I'd love to whip it out and start a measuring contest with you. I'm sure you feel way inferior to everyone else just because someone didn't exactly know the law? I'm sure youre a blast to be around. I'm not trying to win you over with an opinion. Go swap spit and trade underwear with youre other cronies. Way to go man

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Actually, you know the law. You were wearing a seatbelt, you just didn't know how to operate a buckle and strap. I have no interest in measuring anything with you, the tape might be too long and confuse you. I'm sorry that I don't have any sympathy for the problems your stupidity has caused you and a disdain for you blaming those problems on others. You got charged for being stupid, be thankful for the instruction and move on, looking for validation of your personal problems on the internet is weak.

Sks985

Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Slidell
    Your tax money pays for the care of the uninsured not-so-brights who go headfirst through the windshield

Our tax dollars pay for all kinds of things I don't particularly agree with. I still don't understand why I should have to wear my seatbelt. I'm sure uninsured motorist bills who were wearing a seatbelt have had the tab picked up by us as well.

candrews86

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2012
    Lake Charles
    The measuring was obviously a metaphor in which you couldn't comprehend, I'll stop this back n forth now. If you had a reading comprehension level above 3rd grade, you'd see my previous post of me saying I was in the wrong for breaking the law and of my ignorance of not knowing it fully, but cool.

rtr_rtr

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    New Orleans
    Our tax dollars pay for all kinds of things I don't particularly agree with. I still don't understand why I should have to wear my seatbelt. I'm sure uninsured motorist bills who were wearing a seatbelt have had the tab picked up by us as well.

They absolutely do, but the bills for less severe injuries (save for DOA's) would be less significant

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington

You aren't required to, when you don't and you get caught you pay the fine. It's a raw deal, but at least you acknowledged it on the first page. It's your choice, I respect that you're willin to stand by your choice and not whine when the consequences of that choice come to pass.

Sks985

Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Slidell
    You aren't required to, when you don't and you get caught you pay the fine. It's a raw deal, but at least you acknowledged it on the first page. It's your choice, I respect that you're willin to stand by your choice and not whine when the consequences of that choice come to pass.

I said I wouldn't be mad, but I may make a childish post on BS to talk about my rights being violated. (That's not referring to the OP)

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    The measuring was obviously a metaphor in which you couldn't comprehend, I'll stop this back n forth now. If you had a reading comprehension level above 3rd grade, you'd see my previous post of me saying I was in the wrong for breaking the law and of my ignorance of not knowing it fully, but cool.

I got what you were saying, what makes you think I didn't? You shouldn't question reading comprehension after ****ing up with a seatbelt. I could start drooling on myself right now and still have claim to the mental high ground here. Also, I saw your previous post, but I also saw your first post where you were complaining like a child, then I saw your post where you implied it was a scheme so officers could get better cars. You made a bunch of stupid posts about a stupid situation that your stupidity caused, so apologize for being stupid, pay the stupid tax and move on.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    I got fussed at by a local cop for that once. I am 6'2" and depending in which vehicle I am driving, the shoulder belt does not usually go anywhere near my shoulder, so it goes under my arm. Always has, always will.
    I really do not believe that. I'm 6'2-6'3 and I've /never/ been in a vehicle where it the shoulder strap was too low. Not since this old ass early 50s pickup that had seatbelts put in decades after being made, and the shoulder strap went down over the top of the seat-back.

candrews86

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2012
    Lake Charles
    I got what you were saying, what makes you think I didn't? You shouldn't question reading comprehension after ****ing up with a seatbelt. I could start drooling on myself right now and still have claim to the mental high ground here. Also, I saw your previous post, but I also saw your first post where you were complaining like a child, then I saw your post where you implied it was a scheme so officers could get better cars. You made a bunch of stupid posts about a stupid situation that your stupidity caused, so apologize for being stupid, pay the stupid tax and move on.
    It was really intended to be a "sh**, I didn't know that" kinda post but I get it, I'm a blazing moron and stupid as you've said 5 times......whatever makes you feel better bro, no sweat off my back...we're all entitled to opinions and the last thing im tryin to do here is convince you my "case" in which there isn't one anyways...

Last edited:

Log Island

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    Lafayette
    My wife is 4' 11". She got nailed last year leaving Milton Middle by LSP for this very thing. It sucks when the vehicle doesn't accommodate someone that short; the belt comes across her neck...it is what it is, the law is the law...
    Wonder if her neck/windpipe will survive upon impact...? I guess we could trade in the Expedition for another "belt friendly" small person vehicle...

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    It was really intended to be a "sh**, I didn't know that" kinda post but I get it, I'm a blazing moron and stupid as you've said 5 times......whatever makes you feel better bro, no sweat off my back...we're all entitled to opinions and the last thing im tryin to do here is convince you my "case" in which there isn't one anyways...

See, now you're owning it, admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery.

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    I really do not believe that. I'm 6'2-6'3 and I've /never/ been in a vehicle where it the shoulder strap was too low. Not since this old ass early 50s pickup that had seatbelts put in decades after being made, and the shoulder strap went down over the top of the seat-back.
    I have 5 vehicle son the road, only one that actually hits me at the shoulder is my f250.
    It is far less safe to have your arm constrained by a belt going across it (between elbow an shoulder depending on vehicle) than it is to have it under your arm. I have been in a major wreck where if not for the seatbelt, there is no question that probably wouldn't have survived, and that was a lap belt only.
    My opinion- stupid law that I refuse to fully comply with. I will pay the ticket and go along my way in comfort. If it were truly about safety, 5 point harness would be required along with a chrome moly exo cage and padded fat suit. The seatbelt tickets are about money only. A seatbelt is designed to keep you inside the vehicle and basicly in the seat. A lap belt does that plenty well as does a shoulder strap that is under your arm instead of over your shoulder.
    Oh, and the ancient models with the shoulder belt mounted to the roof actually went over your shoulder no matter what height you were, I had one of those too. Vehicles are designed for drivers 5'9" IIRC, he'll I don't even fit in some vehicle sand not just because I am fat. Different build.

Last edited:

BenCarp27

I feel like an old man...
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    New Orleans Area, Southshore
    Most people have the opinion that seat belts are designed to save a driver/passengers life, but the individual ultimately should have the right to choose their level of personal safety.
    The reality is seat belt laws were put in place for more than just profit and/or keeping you, the driver, safe.

True: People hope that forcing you to wear your seat belt will help protect you from injury in an accident.

True: A lot of revenue, though not as much as you think, is generated from seat belt tickets.

Also True: Seat belts prevent driver injuries during collisions; they do this by keeping the driver secure in the driver seat. The added benefit of the driver remaining secure in the drivers' seat is the fact the drivers' seat is the designed operator's position for the vehicle. This means that in a collision, being buckled up ensures that you have the best chance of maintaining control of your vehicle.

This just doesn't protect you, but other motorists, pedestrians and property owners in the area of the collision.

The state has legislated that you shall wear a seat belt when operating your vehicle, not solely as a means of protecting you, but in an effort to ensure that those around you don't have to suffer from your mistake as well.

Even minor collisions can toss a person around the inside of the vehicle, at which point they can longer effectively make attempts at steering, braking or any other activity, which could potentially save lives.

If you lose control of your vehicle during an impact and hit one of my children, and a seat belt could of potentially helped to avoid the incident, I'm going to be pretty pissed. Pardon my French.

Top Bottom